Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Amp and sub Help Asap

Old 09-06-2013, 12:47 AM   #1
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Amp and sub Help Asap

I picked up a ported double 8" box today with an alpine mrv f545 and two 8" arc audio subs. I know it is a cheap system but I got it for a great deal and just wanted to add a little more thump to my truck. ( one of the biggest things I miss about the mustang).

Tonight I installed everything and got it all hooked up. Everything comes on the display on the amp stays around 13.1-13.2 but the subs are barely thumping. What could be causing this issue. It has to be something in my install.

Only thing I am thinking it could be was not good enough wire or bad ground. I grounded to the seat in the back.

I know it works well because I took it to best buy and had a friend test everything and it was pretty decent there. So what could I have done wrong?

I ran power and remote down drivers side and ran rca's down pass side. and like I said ground is to one of the seat bolts that holds the top of the seat to the bottom.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:48 AM   #2
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Also I checked the settings on my head unit and they are fine. I even turned sub gain up to 6 on the pioneer. There are no controls on the amp itself that I can see.