1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Factory Radio install, PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by TRDsoldier00, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Sep 7, 2013 at 11:33 AM
    TRDsoldier00

TRDsoldier00 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    '13 PreRunner DC XSP-X
    So I need some help from some of you smarter than I (I am not radio inclined at all). My Pioneer AVIC Z140 was just stolen from my brand new 2013 DC XSP-X. I have the factory touch screen radio that the dealership replaced when I bought the truck. My concern is there are many different connector ports on the back of the OEM radio and I am unclear if my factory harness was damaged in the process. Since I am not sure if every connector port was being used at first from the factory, I dont know if any of my connectors were ripped off/cut off when the radio was installed.

Does anyone have any helpful DIY instructions, links or pictures of the factory wire harness and/or new style touch screen radio that I can use as a reference point to see if my harness is fully functional?

I will eventually get a replacement stereo once the insurance claim is finalized, but until then I would like to have something to listen to.

Thanks,

2. Sep 11, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    Riverdog

Riverdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    Sorry to hear about that. That was a nice stereo you had in there. I think your best bet is to go to a local car audio shop and have one of their installers look at it to see what condition everything is in. If the garage door on the installing bay is open, go straight there and skip talking to a salesperson. Just ask one of the install guys if they can look at your dash quickly. It should take them a minute or two to determine what you would need to put the stock stereo back in. And take your stock deck with you so they can look at that too.

However, it might not be worth the hassle of figuring out how to put the stock deck back in. When I had a stereo stolen out of a previous car, I had a new one less than a week later. So it might not be worth it if you're just going to replace it again a week later.

3. Sep 13, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    ^ Good advice! +1

4. Sep 13, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    bb609

bb609 O.F.

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport Access Cab
    FOX 2 1/2" CO's STOCK UCA's - They used to be Icons! Icons suck!!! TSB Rear w/Bilstein 5100's - Air Lift System - Leer 550 Bedcover - Ventshades - Yota Bed Mat - Sheepskins!!! - Weathertechs
    Look at the back of your stock radio. There should be an equal number of plugs in your dash to plug into. If I recall correctly, most are dedicated/unique...simple.

Products Discussed in

To Top