1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Audio Control LC6i

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by MotoTacoma, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Mar 6, 2009 at 10:02 PM
    MotoTacoma

MotoTacoma [OP] Adrenaline Addict

Member:
    Pencilveineeya
    Vehicle:
    14 Tundra TRD OR, 05 GX470
    tacoma sold 11/13/13 GX470 has 2” Dobinsons IMS w/JBA UCA, Baja Designs S1 ditch lights, more to come!
    I would like to know your opinions on this product. I currently have the facory h/u w/the in dash 6cd changer. I love the 6 cd in dash feature and i love the steering wheel controls, I also like the look of the factory h/u. But i want good quality sound going to my speakers and subs (which i haven't installed yet, I have the stuff from my previous car).

so, calling all audio guys, including you mr.marv, what do you all think?

at this stage in the game it sounds like a good idea, i'm not looking for perfect sound, just better than stock, and especially w/the subs, i don't want to have to step down from one of the rear speakers..

the price on the LC6i is approx. $125

i appreciate your help..

thanks

-don

2. Mar 7, 2009 at 9:40 AM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    Contrary to some belief you can in fact achieve excellent sound quality while keeping the stock look/functions. As you know the main drawbacks to the factory headunit are it's lack of features/flexibility and the processing built in such as the bass limiter so if you want to get the "most" from adding an aftermarket system you will need some type of interface that has the features you need. I have not used the LC61 (now I'm curious so I'll probably have to get one to try!) however I have used many AudioControl pieces in the past with great success. After reading the features on the LC61 I believe it will be a viable option for use with the factory headunit as long your amp has built in crossovers and you can get by with the limited EQ functions of the factory headunit (this is where that part I preach about proper installation comes in since if you do the "groundwork" correctly you won't need a lot of EQ to get very good SQ ;)). Also, it will not overcome the factory processing however I noticed it does have a separate sub output control which if set up properly could be used to "get around" the bass limiter in the headunit. :)

3. Mar 7, 2009 at 1:04 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I am thinking pretty heavily on going with an AC Epicenter Plus. It is $50 less than the JBL clean sweep and has and AUX input for my iPod already built in. The Clean sweep AUX input is an add on that is like $50.

I think I can set it so that it flattens out the bass at the volume I typically listen, and it keeps the stock look.

But, who am I kidding; I'll get the bug to replace it in like 6 months and have another H/U for the shitheels to steal.

4. Mar 8, 2009 at 4:37 PM
    MotoTacoma

Member:
    Pencilveineeya
    Vehicle:
    tacoma sold 11/13/13 GX470 has 2” Dobinsons IMS w/JBA UCA, Baja Designs S1 ditch lights, more to come!
    thanks a lot for the advice guys..

mr.marv, i will by using two 12" JL w3v2's, and a JL 500/1 amp, and since i can't control the sub from the factory head unit or the LC6i on the fly, i will install the JL remote bass control..

sooner07, i checked out the epicenter plus, looks like a great product, i will look into that as well, see which is best for me

5. Mar 8, 2009 at 7:00 PM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    You're welcome. :) One thing to note however is that the JL bass remote is a boost control as opposed to a gain control so you can only adjust one frequency. Also, the LC6i has an optional remote gain control so you can in fact control the bass level on the fly and separately from the front/rear. :)

6. Mar 8, 2009 at 7:39 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    Since you are wanting remote bass control, the Epicenter plus has it.

7. Apr 7, 2009 at 4:08 PM
    MotoTacoma

Member:
    Pencilveineeya
    Vehicle:
    i think the epicenter plus is the way to go.. thanks guys

8. Apr 7, 2009 at 9:44 PM
    kartracer

kartracer Well-Known Member

Member:
    colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 trd offroad
    The lc6i is great I used one in my truck when I got it till I had time to do my head unit but the lc6 is great it drives the amps very well with the 9 volt output to the rcas I still have mine I would sell you for $75 and I will include the base nob free its still in its original box with all the paper work it came with I will also send you pics of where I put it and where I put the base nob I only used it for about 2 months

9. Apr 9, 2009 at 11:32 AM
    itsmyturn

itsmyturn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab TRD sport
    afe Pro-Dry S dropin, Readylift leveling kit, TRD skid plate, Alpine CDA-9887, 6K D2S HID
    if Mx superfly doesn't want it let me know. i may take that unit off your hands.

10. Apr 9, 2009 at 12:04 PM
    kartracer

kartracer Well-Known Member

Member:
    colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 trd offroad
    He hasnt sed any thing to me yet so if you want it its yours just pm me and we can work out the details

11. May 17, 2009 at 12:16 AM
    stringah

stringah Active Member

Member:
    Kaneohe, HI
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Sport
    I just ordered this unit to install in my '08 DC. I have the JBL system but I wanted to upgrade just the subwoofer for now and keep the stock headunit. I was just wondering if I could use the speaker wires connected to the stock subwoofer as a speaker input into the AudioControl LC6i? What I noticed though on the stock subwoofer is that there are 4 speaker wires going to it. I am not sure which wires are which. I took out the stock subwoofer from the plastic enclosure and found that there are no positive(+) or negative (-) symbols to indicate what the wires are. I am also concerned if it matters if the stock amp is filtering out the high frequencies in the speaker wires for the stock subwoofer. Will it affect how the audiocontrol cleans up the signal?

Anyone upgrade their stock JBL stereo system like how I am doing? I Need some help.

12. Jul 20, 2010 at 6:24 PM
    El Hombre Lobo

El Hombre Lobo Member

Member:
    Canada
    I am looking at getting an LC6i myself. Where does one mount it in a '07 Tacoma access cab? I will have a PDX-5 under the drivers seat.

On the product description it says there's an "input for optional sub level control". Where can I buy one with that option or is that something you buy separately?

Thanks!!

Products Discussed in

To Top