LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Stereo Phone Mic Sounds Awful - Please Help

Old 09-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
Bodyguard is on a distinguished road
Bodyguard's Tacoma Gallery
Stereo Phone Mic Sounds Awful - Please Help

I just purchased a Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS stereo and for the most part, I love it, but people are telling me that the sound quality sucks when I talk to them on the phone, via the stereo. I moved the microphone around several times, and ended up installing it on the upper console, but I am still getting complaints. Do the factory stereo microphones just suck, or is there another reason why the sound quality sucks? This is a top of the line stereo, so I don't get it. I even made sure to keep the mic away from the A/C vents. If it is the microphone itself, then what are good mics to consider? Thanks for any assistance.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
NorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to behold
NorCalTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe hit up pioneer for a replacement or check the connections.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
Bodyguard is on a distinguished road
Bodyguard's Tacoma Gallery
I have to pull it out this weekend to install the steering wheel control module, so I will double check the connection. I was curious if others were experiencing this same issue and if it was just a known issue that the stereo manufacturers send out cheapy mics.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
I use the mic that came with my Sony head unit and I had to move it a couple times in the beginning. I used a clip to attach it to the front of the headliner above the rear view mirror. I haven't got any complaints about sound quality since I put it in that location. Some head units have mic gain adjustments too. If your Pioneer has that, it could help.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #5
NorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to behold
NorCalTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I too was going to suggest running it up your A pillar and then attaching it to the edge of the headliner.
I use the same position for my glass break sensor on my Viper alarm unit