Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Help with audio equipment

Old 10-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
Chef Bobo is on a distinguished road

Name: Bobo
Chef Bobo's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Help with audio equipment

Want to keep original head unit want to add power amp and new speakers. 2012 four door tacoma xsp- x model any help suggestions.
Thanks
Chef Bobo
Old 10-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
NorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to behold
NorCalTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Any more info than that?

What type of music?
front speakers?
front and rear speakers?
Do you want a sub?
Budget?
Etc
Old 10-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
Chef Bobo is on a distinguished road

Name: Bobo
Chef Bobo's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Audio help

Listen to rock and modern country. Looking for front and rear speakers power amp. Want to keep it around 500
Old 10-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
cabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud of

Name: billy
cabo wabo's Tacoma Gallery
I'm doing the same to my 2011.
Alpine replacement speakers front and back with a Alpine plug and play amp.
Ordered everything from Crutchfield.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
When people want to keep the stock head unit they typically use need a line out converter like the JL Audio CleanSweep, AudioControl LC6i, or Audison Bit One. Using one of these allows them to add an amplifier(s), upgrade their speakers, and add a subwoofer. In your case, you don't want to add a subwoofer so I'd say to get the Alpine Power Pack. It's essentially an amplifier that works with stock and aftermarket head units. It's a little less powerful than most regular amplifiers, but it will still be an improvement in sound when paired with new speakers.

As for speaker recommendations, I recommend going to a car audio store near you and listening to them. There are a lot of good ones out there but which ones sound the best is up to you.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #6
sflataco66 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: DHS
Name: Gregg
sflataco66's Tacoma Gallery
This should do the trick, cant beat the price.
http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-TCompS-...cker+subwoofer