Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

LOC Wiring in 2014 DC

Old 10-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #1
westbayou is on a distinguished road
westbayou's Tacoma Gallery
LOC Wiring in 2014 DC

Looking to do a quick sub install on my 2014 DC with Entune+ (non JBL). I've searched high and low, and so far no luck on finding a wiring diagram. So which wires are you tapping into for your LOC? The last install I did I tapped the rear door speakers in my F150 and that worked great as a source for the LOC. This is a basic install, nothing fancy. Just a Line Output Conv.-Amp-8" JL Audio sub. Thanks for any help, I'm hoping to knock this out in the next few days.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #2
Ok.... let me ask this a different way. What color are the speaker wires going to the rear doors? Please help!
Old 10-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
victorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nice
Name: Victor
victorramse3's Tacoma Gallery
Here you go!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...eo-wiring.html
Old 10-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
Thank you thank you thank you. I've spent a couple hours sifting through threads looking for that info.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #5
Installed the amp, sub etc. in about an hour with this info. The rear door speaker wires are twisted together, so they are very easy to tap into in the driver and passenger front door footwells. Black & Yellow twisted together on the driver's side, Red & White twisted together on the passenger side.

It is kind of a quick and dirty install, but it works and everything is hidden.

Oh, and just as a side note, this JL Audio 8" pre-loaded box will fit on the passenger side with the stock plastics in place if you cut out the little shelf. Nice tight fit, no rattles: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1369313...ml#details-tab

I actually had to turn the gain on my amp down as the rest of the system couldn't keep up, but it is plenty loud for your average listening. Good full sound.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
PhatTaco12 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
PhatTaco12's Tacoma Gallery
I had that little 8 in the back of my genesis coupe and even in the trunk it was awesome. I ran with a little headroom by doing a jl500 amp. I was wondering if could run that sub in here without much modification. Thanks for letting me know. I'll definitely put that same sub/amp combo in here. It pounds for a single ported 8.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
Winck is a jewel in the roughWinck is a jewel in the roughWinck is a jewel in the roughWinck is a jewel in the rough
Name: John
Winck's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info and review. I've been thinking about how I am going to upgrade my audio when my 2014 DC arrives. I want to keep the stock HU so debating about some combination of upgrading speakers/powered sub/amp and sub.
So you kept the stock speakers and HU and only added the amp and sub? How much did it improve the sound quality over the stock system?
Old 10-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #8
After a few weeks of listening, I'm pretty happy overall. Adding the sub allowed me to turn down the bass running through the factory speakers, so there is a lot less distortion at high volume. I would describe the sound overall as acceptable. CD's sound much better than Sat. Radio (which always sounds muffled to me in any vehicle). A true audiophile won't be happy with this set up, but for now it works for me. I may upgrade the tweeters in the future just for sharper highs.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
Winck is a jewel in the roughWinck is a jewel in the roughWinck is a jewel in the roughWinck is a jewel in the rough
Name: John
Winck's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Good to know, thanks for the info. ^^^
Old 05-28-2014, 03:53 PM   #10
double_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to all
double_b's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by westbayou View Post
Looking to do a quick sub install on my 2014 DC with Entune+ (non JBL). I've searched high and low, and so far no luck on finding a wiring diagram. So which wires are you tapping into for your LOC? The last install I did I tapped the rear door speakers in my F150 and that worked great as a source for the LOC. This is a basic install, nothing fancy. Just a Line Output Conv.-Amp-8" JL Audio sub. Thanks for any help, I'm hoping to knock this out in the next few days.
Thread dredge as I research what I want to do for my upgrade.

What LOC did you use?