1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sound deadening, worth it?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Vantage, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Oct 14, 2013 at 6:55 PM
    Vantage

Vantage [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    2015 Titan Pro 4x
    4 Doors + behind rear seats. What is a good product that is mass loaded vinyl?

Searching ebay I see there is tons out there, what is better or worse?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Oct 15, 2013 at 4:58 PM
    FLTrucks

FLTrucks Well-Known Member

Member:
    I was looking at the raamat and it doesn't seem to bad. You will need to make sure you have enough for the area you want to cover. The raamat package looks like it comes with the deadener sheets to help with the vibration of the thin sheet metal and the roll of "closed cell vinyl" that will block sound. As for mass loaded vinyl it does both with one product.
    But check out http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/how-to/product-prices or http://store.secondskinaudio.com/luxury-liner/
    However if you find something you searched for throw it up and see if people have used it before.

3. Oct 15, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    NorCalTRD

NorCalTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    '06 Indigo Ink DCLB TRD Sport V6
    40% Front Tint, Viper 5704 Alarm, Steel Cable Dog Tie, Super Sexy Driver Mod
    The only noise I hear in my cab now after deadening with Raamaud'ios Package #1 is my duratrac tire hum or the music im playing. :)

4. Oct 18, 2013 at 8:14 AM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    While it made a noticeable improvement the issue I have is the poor weather stripping of your doors and the wind noise / sound coming from the windows. We have a single sealed door that is interrupted due to the fact a section is attached to the door panel and the rest to the door.

I stripped mine down to bare steel everywhere.

Doors with vibration dampener and a sandwich of closed cell foam, mass loaded vinyl, closed cell foam.

Floor with closed cell foam and mass loaded vinyl.

Roof with vibration dampener and closed dell foam.

Rear wall with 2 layers of vibration dampening material and a large MDF sub box/amp rack coated with LineX.

It cost several hundred in materials and took a long time. Its as sound deadened as any Tacoma can be and the inherent design flaws for sound control make it not worth the money spent IMO. Its just not a good cost/benefit ratio... but you will notice some improvement.

I cant hear rain on the roof. I have no vibrations anywhere but my shitty dash kit or things in my cupholder buzzing from bass. Road noise? Very, very small improvement.

stonybrook, jacpa and Naveronski like this.
  5. Oct 18, 2013 at 7:03 PM
    Vantage

Vantage [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    2015 Titan Pro 4x
    Thanks for the honest review DevL. Everyone's ears vary as some people have a great outcome, some are like yourself and are not overly satsified.

I hope to see a small improvement.

Products Discussed in

To Top