Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

how long is too long???

Old 10-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
how long is too long???

I ordered a box an some speakers from Mr. Marv based on recommendations from TW. He charged my credit card on Aug. 16th and I still have not received anything from him. I'm honestly starting to consider asking for my money back and going another route. I mean he's really expensive and I expected a lot from him and I am starting to feel like I got shafted. What do you guys think???
Old 10-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreem View Post
I ordered a box an some speakers from Mr. Marv based on recommendations from TW. He charged my credit card on Aug. 16th and I still have not received anything from him. I'm honestly starting to consider asking for my money back and going another route. I mean he's really expensive and I expected a lot from him and I am starting to feel like I got shafted. What do you guys think???
That's almost 2 months!!!! I wouldn't wait that long but I pay extra to have things shipped faster.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well he hasnt even shipped the stuff yet. It'll probably take 4-5 days to get to me after its shipped.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Have you called the vendor and asked for an update on your order and let them know this timeline is unacceptable? If so, what did they say?

After talking to them, then make a decision as to whether you want a refund. IF you decide you want a refund and they give you a run around, then just file a dispute thru your credit card company.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #5
Professional Window Licker
fletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
fletch97's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered from Marv as well, and it also took some time to get it. I know he's had a lot of personal hardships he's been dealing with. Feel free to call him and just get an update. He will gladly take the time to speak with and give you an idea of what's going on with your order. He's a nice guy who knows his audio sh*t!

I was very pleased with his work and recommendations, I am glad I spent the extra money and waited on him.

Good Luck and keep us posted!
Old 10-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
NorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to behold
NorCalTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Call him, I got my stuff within a week.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
Goose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud of
Goose8651's Tacoma Gallery
Give Marv a call, he actually wants you to call rather than emailing or posting this kind of stuff. He is available almost any time of the day. He puts his phone number in his signature for a reason. Two months is nothing, I have been waiting much longer than you for a sub box as well. I actually got in touch with him last week and we talked for a while and we are all good. Don't want to come off as a jerk, but do some more research before you post this kind of stuff. Try to get a hold of him and if you don't get a response, then I can see why a post like this is valid.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #8
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marv
Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. I asked you if you wanted me to send the speakers last week since it would be a bit longer on the enclosure due to my overload and you declined saying you would wait and instead of calling me you post this?! My phone number is on every post and I do answer the phone.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:32 AM   #9
ike3000 will become famous soon enoughike3000 will become famous soon enough
ike3000's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, bashing on forums isn't cool. I dealt with Marv and he is an extremely honest guy - you will not get shafted. He was very open about his work load, technical issues, etc. that was holding him up, but in the end I got an extremely well constructed enclosure and amp rack.

With Marv you're not paying for just the equipment, you are getting lifetime customer support. He will help you every step of the way through your install. When I got frustrated drilling out child restraint tethers, I called him up and he walked me through the correct process. He even provided me with tuning tips after everything was installed.

I've read more horror stories about other vendors, so good luck.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:39 AM   #10
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
There are always two sides to every story... He wasn't bashing just saying it's been 2 months. That's a very long time and I think a thread to get some feedback wasn't absurd. On the other hand OP, he stated he contacted you and you said you would wait. Why post this up after you spoke to him???
Old 10-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #11
JpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
Hey there's no such thing as bad publicity right? After reading this, I now know who to call for a quality stereo build. Good to know so many are happy with Mr Marv. I'll be looking him up for some future work. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #12
Dirty Trucker

Well I wasn't bashing Marv. Just asking for feedback. By shafted I didn't mean I Don't think I'll ever get my stuff. I simply meant that for the price I paid I expected more.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #13
Dirty Trucker

Also I did tell Marv that I would be doing a review on this on TW and I planned on doing a how to install also. I was told 3-4 weeks to get my stuff and its been 8 weeks and still haven't got a tracking number or shipping bill. So its gonna be at least 9 weeks maybe longer? I did talk to Marv last week and he did say he would send me my speakers if I wanted. I declined. I don't want to pay extra shipping to send the speakers before the box. I wouldn't install them until I have everything anyways.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #14
Dirty Trucker

My question was how long is too long before I request a refund?
Old 10-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #15
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Twice the promised/estimated time is too long.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #16
Dirty Trucker

Got my tracking numbers from Marv!
Old 10-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #17
magnetic10 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Firefighter-EMT
Name: Don
magnetic10's Tacoma Gallery
Marv, is a stand up guy in my book I got speakers and adapters from him within the time he stated upfront. Also on more than a few occasions spent a good bit of time talking on the phone about stereo goals and other Tacoma stuff in general. Next Tacoma I get ill be contacting him for another set of goodies.
Don.