Notices

Cell phone alerts through Bluetooth

Old 10-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
CFI AandP is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aviation Mechanic (AM)
Name: Cory
CFI AandP's Tacoma Gallery

Anyone else have a problem with being able to hear the bluetooth tones and alerts when their phone is connected to the Tacoma audio system?

When I have it connected, not making a phone call and listening to FM radio I can't hear alerts such as text messages, or any other such as alarms or news alerts. The phone doesn't make noise since it is connected via bluetooth, yet the stereo doesn't play those tones or alerts.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
Edpsx is on a distinguished road
Edpsx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFI AandP View Post
Anyone else have a problem with being able to hear the bluetooth tones and alerts when their phone is connected to the Tacoma audio system?

When I have it connected, not making a phone call and listening to FM radio I can't hear alerts such as text messages, or any other such as alarms or news alerts. The phone doesn't make noise since it is connected via bluetooth, yet the stereo doesn't play those tones or alerts.
If you have it in Bluetooth mode it will sound the alerts I believe. I dont have mine in the truck anymore though so I cant verify it. I know my aftermarket radio only does sounds when Im in Bluetooth mode or getting a phone call.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Is your phone on vibrate or silent? Turn the ringer all the way up and have a friend call you.

Also, bluetooth thru Entune? Blu Logic? What model phone?
Help me help you... gotta provide more info.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggynagy View Post
Is your phone on vibrate or silent? Turn the ringer all the way up and have a friend call you.

Also, bluetooth thru Entune? Blu Logic? What model phone?
Help me help you... gotta provide more info.
Thanks for the offer to help. iPhone 5 with current iOS update. Configured to ring and vibrate, always full volume.

Not sure how to find out if Entune or Blu Logic. Truck is a new 2013 Tacoma PreRunner with factory radio / touch screen multi function display.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the offer to help. iPhone 5 with current iOS update. Configured to ring and vibrate, always full volume.

Not sure how to find out if Entune or Blu Logic. Truck is a new 2013 Tacoma PreRunner with factory radio / touch screen multi function display.
You have Entune then... I got blulogic in my '11 otherwise I'd grab my bro's iphone 5 and test this out. Good luck!
Old 10-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
TacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
TacOffRoad11's Tacoma Gallery
If you have the BluLogic and your phone is not on silent, it will override your stereo sound. I have that system in my '11 Tacoma but I am upgrading it with a Pioneer.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #7
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
I can't veriy the iphone 5 but under the phones bluetooth settings there should be options for what type of connection you allow. Make sure audio/media is selected.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggynagy View Post
You have Entune then... I got blulogic in my '11 otherwise I'd grab my bro's iphone 5 and test this out. Good luck!
The link at the bottom should have a photo of the head unit in this truck. If it's Entune, do I need the app in the Apple Store for it?

http://buyersguide.caranddriver.com/...st0640_057.jpg
Old 10-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #9
MBRGuru is on a distinguished road
MBRGuru's Tacoma Gallery
The iPhone will route all the audio, tones / alerts, etc. over the Bluetooth connection. That's why you don't hear them unless you're on Bluetooth (or, if connected by USB, iPod). There's no mixing of multiple audio sources on the radio.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBRGuru View Post
The iPhone will route all the audio, tones / alerts, etc. over the Bluetooth connection. That's why you don't hear them unless you're on Bluetooth (or, if connected by USB, iPod). There's no mixing of multiple audio sources on the radio.
Now that is a good explanation but still sucks.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #11
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Now that is a good explanation but still sucks.
I hear ya. The only time it works well is when you are listening to the audio on your phone and using bluetooth mode.