1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New here looking for help .

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ayseaf, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Sep 17, 2007 at 4:56 PM
    ayseaf

ayseaf [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi

I am new here and need your help guys . i have tacoma 07 and i want to buy new mp3 cd player but i don't know which one i choose . can u help .

Thanks

2. Sep 17, 2007 at 6:41 PM
    tigerdongal

tigerdongal Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT
    Memphis PR Amp, Memphis 10" Sub, Custom Sub-box, Undcover tonneau, Pioneer DEH-P7900BT, USB Adaptor, Steering Column Adapter, Crossfire Car Audio XP2402 on the speakers. Now with dB Platinums and also custom tweeter mounts!
    It all depends on what you really want to do. I started off wanting to attach an mp3 player to my stock, then went looking for speakers and ended up with a Pioneer with bluetooth and fitted to optional USB adapter to it. If you just want mp3 and enough juice to push an amp have a look at the Pioneer DEH-P5900, it should be around $150-$220 or so. I have the DEH-P7900BT and got it for $330.

Good luck!

3. Sep 18, 2007 at 5:15 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Kenwood, Alpine, and Pioneer all make excellent products that are great for the Tacoma. I have a Pioneer DEH-P7800MP + iPod adapter in my truck. It is a great deck. I had a JVC deck before that which was decent (pictured in the DIY: Stereo + iPod Upgrade link in my signature).

I recommend going to Best Buy, Circuit City, or another Car Audio place and DON'T BUY ANYTHING - just look and play with the decks there. Once you have figured out which ones you like to use, do some research (power, features, display, price, etc...). Then buy after you know what you need to know.

Good luck.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! ;) tigerdongal and many other members really know their stuff. :)

4. Sep 18, 2007 at 5:56 AM
    tigerdongal

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT
    Memphis PR Amp, Memphis 10" Sub, Custom Sub-box, Undcover tonneau, Pioneer DEH-P7900BT, USB Adaptor, Steering Column Adapter, Crossfire Car Audio XP2402 on the speakers. Now with dB Platinums and also custom tweeter mounts!
    Thats good advice from Mark, I'd certainly not buy one from those sellers either as their installs are pricey compared to what a good shop will do it for. Next thing you will have a sub, and an amp and speakers, then and EQ, then different sub, amp, speakers! Its a disease lol.

5. Sep 18, 2007 at 6:33 AM
    ayseaf

ayseaf [OP] New Member

Member:
    now , i am choosing between pioneer and alpine but i don't know whice one is good for tacoma 07 ? any ideas ??

6. Sep 18, 2007 at 6:49 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    They are both excellent decks. Neither one is better for a particular vehicle (in my opinion). It is more a matter of personal preference. I went with Pioneer because I know how their engineers design things, and I have generally been very happy with their designs (controls layout, info display, remote, EQ, etc.). Although, the pause function is a pain to get too.

On the other side of that - Alpine is well-known for their sound quality. That being said, I think you have to upgrade your speakers to get the true Alpine quality. Then you will also need a 4 channel amp. Then you might as well add some bass (10" sub + amp). Then... well, you get the point.

Like tigerdongal said - this is a disease. I had to stop at the deck for financial reasons. ;)

7. Sep 18, 2007 at 6:58 AM
    tigerdongal

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT
    You dont have to have a four channel amp unless you want to control the fade or left/right. When I get my amp for the door speakers (hopefully soon) I will set it up for fade as you really never change the left right settings. If you do then sure go for a four but its not totally necessary. Well for me it is not.
    I have heard from a few installers that the Alpines signal to noise makes it sound tinny at times, normally its around 100dB, most speakers are 93dB or less.
    Again it is what you want, what you like and how you like it. Clarion takes some beating too though, been in the business for decades.

8. Sep 21, 2007 at 1:09 PM
    viprbomber

viprbomber Active Member

Member:
    Tucson, Az
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner SR5
    Hi I'm bomber...I am a Tacoma upgrading, stereohaulic! I just went with another Alpine, iDA-X001 digital media player...it is the best i have heard in my neverending search for perfect sound! welcome to our nightmare...SPEND-ON, TRUCK-ON, and ROCK ON!

9. Oct 4, 2007 at 5:30 PM
    Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

Member:
    I personally love Alpine products, but all of the mentioned namebrands make great head units. Just make sure that you try to buy a unit that has what you will need for any future additions. Spend the extra money for a unit with two sets of rca jacks for the front and rear speakers if you want to be able to fade. If you don't plan on adding amps at all, save a little money by choosing a deck without rca outputs. If you listen to the radio alot, spend the money on a unit with a high fm sensitivy rating. Its like tigerdongal said, It all depends on what you plan on doing.

Products Discussed in

To Top