Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2014 differences

Old 10-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
AEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Director of Wing Inspections
Name: Chris
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
2014 differences

I have a new 2014 DCLB 4X4 Sport with Entune plus non-JBL non-NAV. I am looking to install my Kenwood DNX9980HD.

While talking to the Crutchfield advisor, he is asking if anything in the wiring changed from 2013 to the 2014 model...the don't have any info for the 14.
I think I know that the back-up camera moved to the HU from the mirror and that may have driven some wiring changes.

Is anyone savvy on the changes?
Old 10-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
Trail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trail Cat's Tacoma Gallery
I got the no big deal stock radio in my 2013.
So I went with the Kenwood DNN770HD mainly because I wanted the Garmin GPS and it also has internet capability.
I would recommend the step up Kenwood DNN990HD if you got the bucks.
As far as the camera, I would definitely leave the rear backup camera in the mirror.
What I did was get another camera for the front, and it works great. I put a toggle switch in the front console panel and at any time flip of the switch the camera is on displaying on the Kenwood radio screen
Really makes a big big difference for parking.

Edit Note:
I misread your post and now understand you already swapped radios
So what I just mentioned won't be any help. Other than connect everything back like it was keeping the backup camera in the mirror and getting a new front camera.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
AEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Director of Wing Inspections
Name: Chris
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
The 14 does not have the camera screen in the mirror, it is in the stock touch screen radio. This is one of my peeves on the 14, the mirror isn't even auto-dimming... No Homelink either, that will be another addition!

I already own the Kenwood DNX9980HD from my previous truck, so I'm going to install that in my truck.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:16 AM   #4
ike3000 will become famous soon enoughike3000 will become famous soon enough
ike3000's Tacoma Gallery
Sucks they moved the camera to the HU. That will definitely add some complexity trying to wire in the Reverse signal. Hopefully Toyota used standard connectors and you don't need to buy a special adaptor for the video signal.