Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

"Error 5" message?

Old 10-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
"Error 5" message?

Hey guys, I'm showing an "error 5" message on my stock stereo when I try to use my iPod. Have never had this issues before, can't find anything in the manual. Everything else still works, radio/cd. Anyone experience this?

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I think this happens when you switch to a new computer or iPod and itunes hasn't fully downloaded the songs back to your iPod. It will say they are there but they are not authorized yet.

Re-sync the iPod, authorize it for your account and try agian.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
thanks, it's something to do with my ipod. it's pretty old. i downloaded the music from my itunes last year, it has worked up until now. now it doesn't, won't even connect to itunes anymore, even tried to reset it a few times, might be time for a new one.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Is the ipod software up to date?
Old 11-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
Geoffthepilot is on a distinguished road
Army: Kiowa Pilot
Geoffthepilot's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same problem with mine. usually i can just unplug my ipod touch and replug it in a few min later and it works. but ya, frustrating.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
This is the main reason I want to get an aftermarket deck.. this issue is constant on mine. the factory deck is shit.