Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Stock touch screen-boring

Old 10-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
A7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
A7xschecter6661's Tacoma Gallery
Stock touch screen-boring

Hey guys, I see a lot of you adding touch screen nav systems and such and maybe that is the answer to my question.

Am I missing something with the stock touch screen system? I don't have navidation so I can call people from my phone and select Am/Fm/Aux/BT. My previous car had all of that and did not have a touch screen, just buttons and a small display.

Why is there such a fancy touch screen and everything when its so plain and boring and can hardly do anything? I am not complaining, just wondering why they went through the expense of the touch screen on non-navigation models?

Another question, why does mine not display album art? Is it supposed to?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
You could make it more interesting by touching the screen and touching yourself at the same time.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Good question...lol

And yea if your phone has an album cover to the song it should display it, check the radio settings
Old 10-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders99 View Post
You could make it more interesting by touching the screen and touching yourself at the same time.
reported
Old 10-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #5
A7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by anders99 View Post
mmmmm
Old 10-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
Good question...lol

And yea if your phone has an album cover to the song it should display it, check the radio settings

Will it display it over blue tooth or only plugged in aux/usb?
Old 10-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 View Post
Will it display it over blue tooth or only plugged in aux/usb?
Mine displayed it with USB, and If I'm not mistaken, also should work with Bluetooth
I have the 2014 navi non jbl now still does the same
Old 10-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #8
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Mine only displays album art when plugged in, not via usb. Album artwork over Bluetooth should work for the '14 unit.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #10
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
there's a option to make it display
Old 10-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #11
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 View Post
Why is there such a fancy touch screen and everything when its so plain and boring and can hardly do anything? I am not complaining, just wondering why they went through the expense of the touch screen on non-navigation models?

Another question, why does mine not display album art? Is it supposed to?
This is just my guess, but it may be cheaper for them to produce fewer types of stereos and just upload different firmware to them. Rather than producing X number of touch screens with all the bells and whistles, and Y number of non-touch screens with only some bells.

And probably for marketing purposes too. It's more appealing to lots of people to have a stock touch screen in their new car. It just seems more high-tech and cooler so people have to have the newest and coolest thing.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdog View Post
This is just my guess, but it may be cheaper for them to produce fewer types of stereos and just upload different firmware to them. Rather than producing X number of touch screens with all the bells and whistles, and Y number of non-touch screens with only some bells.

And probably for marketing purposes too. It's more appealing to lots of people to have a stock touch screen in their new car. It just seems more high-tech and cooler so people have to have the newest and coolest thing.

probably, and by not even really nice ones don't cost that much so they make them in bulk dirt cheap in Japan

I still have no album artwork though. Can anyone confirm with a picture that it shows your album cover? I went through the book and all the settings. Unless there is a hidden menu