Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Low Profile Antenna to replace OEM

Old 10-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
bucketpharmd is on a distinguished road
bucketpharmd's Tacoma Gallery
Low Profile Antenna to replace OEM

I would like to replace the OEM wire antenna with something lower profile to improve styling and so I don't bang the antenna on every low hanging branch I can find.

What replacements do you like or avoid?
Old 10-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
http://antennax.com/
Old 10-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
That would be on my list to avoid. Personally, I thought the fit and finish was horrible. I will say their customer service is great though, I was able to return it easily.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
A7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
A7xschecter6661's Tacoma Gallery
Any of the annodized aluminum ones are going to go from black to an orange color in half a summer
Old 10-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Just chop it.
X2. Works like a charm.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #8
Taco Fan has a spectacular aura aboutTaco Fan has a spectacular aura about
Name: Bean
Taco Fan's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought the one from Antenna-X. It fit perfectly and it gets the same reception that the OEM antenna did. Good reception and doesn't hit the garage door...that's all I wanted. I have only had it for about 2 weeks, so ot hasn't had time to turn orange. But if it does after a year or so, I'll probably just replace it with a new one. I like it.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #9
tractng is on a distinguished road
tractng's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Fan View Post
I just bought the one from Antenna-X. It fit perfectly and it gets the same reception that the OEM antenna did. Good reception and doesn't hit the garage door...that's all I wanted. I have only had it for about 2 weeks, so ot hasn't had time to turn orange. But if it does after a year or so, I'll probably just replace it with a new one. I like it.

Which one did you order?
Old 10-31-2013, 06:00 AM   #10
Taco Fan has a spectacular aura aboutTaco Fan has a spectacular aura about
Name: Bean
Taco Fan's Tacoma Gallery
14" Black Billet.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:49 AM   #12
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
X3

Chop it to your liking!

X4

Have never understood why people buy aftermarket black antennas when you can cut it for free to your liking?