1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Appradio 3 question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by fau8823, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Oct 23, 2013 at 3:35 AM
    fau8823

fau8823 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Tint-20%, Kenwood 2 meter radio, firestik 2 meter antenna on a BAMF tailgate mount, Extang Solid Fold , Pioneer bhs-3500 HU, clazzio leather seats, Scangauge II
    I'm looking to purchase an Appradio 3 today for my Taco. On Crutchfield's site, while ordering the Metra dash kit, it has a warning saying that DVD players with a fold down face won't fit my vehicle. I want to get the Appradio model with the DVD/CD player built in (model DA210). Anyone here have it in their truck that can confirm it works fine?

Also, anyone have feedback on the radio itself? Boot times, little annoyances, big problems, etc? I did a search and didn't find many negatives, other than having to click on the icons to get into mirror link every time you plug the phone in. I figured on short trips, I'd probably just use bluetooth to stream instead of having to mess with plugging in and going through mirror link.

Thanks in advance!

2. Oct 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    Edpsx

Edpsx Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    13' Double Cab Limited MGM
    K&N Intake, Stainless Tube Steps, Pioneer 8500BHS, Coming Soon:, Morimoto H1 Mini, Viper 5704
    It should work, but the reason they say it doesnt fit is because the Metra kit wont fit the double din dvd player correctly. I have the 8500BHS and had to trim the inside of the ring to make it fit around the radio. So Id say its more of a "Metra needs to remeasure their kit dimensions" than it not fitting the Taco. I personally love Pioneer radios and almost bought an Appradio 3 but it didnt have dual zone so I went with the 8500. It still has appradio mode but gives me my dualzone that Ive had on previous radios. IE I get to listen to music while the kiddo watches a DVD in back.

3. Oct 23, 2013 at 2:55 PM
    fau8823

fau8823 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Tint-20%, Kenwood 2 meter radio, firestik 2 meter antenna on a BAMF tailgate mount, Extang Solid Fold , Pioneer bhs-3500 HU, clazzio leather seats, Scangauge II
    Cool. Thanks for the info. What phone are you using with the 8500? iPhone 5?

Products Discussed in

To Top