Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

How to get 2013 tacoma to play movies

Old 10-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
justinb is on a distinguished road
justinb's Tacoma Gallery
How to get 2013 tacoma to play movies

Hey, I have a question about how to get my truck to play movies on the stock radio display. I bought a 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4, 4 door, long bed earlier this summer. Already have a 3 inch lift, new wheels and tires, brush guard and winch, runner boards, and luggage rack. I was camping in the woods and thought it might be cool to be able to watch movies in the truck but I don't want to change my radio because I like the stock touch screen one. I was just wondering that since it will navigate me through traffic, it should be able to play movies off of my iPhone. So how do I get it to do that?
I used to have a 97 tacoma cab and a half with all of the same upgrades, LOVED the truck so I stepped up to the newer one. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #2
Tacomamba is on a distinguished road
Tacomamba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinb View Post
Hey, I have a question about how to get my truck to play movies on the stock radio display. I bought a 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4, 4 door, long bed earlier this summer. Already have a 3 inch lift, new wheels and tires, brush guard and winch, runner boards, and luggage rack. I was camping in the woods and thought it might be cool to be able to watch movies in the truck but I don't want to change my radio because I like the stock touch screen one. I was just wondering that since it will navigate me through traffic, it should be able to play movies off of my iPhone. So how do I get it to do that?
I used to have a 97 tacoma cab and a half with all of the same upgrades, LOVED the truck so I stepped up to the newer one. Thanks.
I want to do this mod. Let me know what you find out. I tried playing mine through Bluetooth but no dice
Old 10-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #3
pcabinatan is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
pcabinatan's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 10-28-2013, 06:22 AM   #4
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-possible.html

Here's a little something on it. Not sure about movies. There is a cable that apparently allows your iPhone to play over the screen.

Post up if you find anything else...
Old 10-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
justinb is on a distinguished road
justinb's Tacoma Gallery
I read in the manual, something about may ending able to play movies with Toyota entune. So I'll look into that and get back to this. Otherwise, let me know if you come up with anything.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #6
Tacomamba is on a distinguished road
Tacomamba's Tacoma Gallery
Manual is talking about checking for movie times us using entune. I found a fix for this guys. Don't tell Toyota yet till I test it. Basically convert all your movies to mp3 using your DROID app. Then using my video player ...you can now play the mp3 movie via bluetooth. Make sure you enable object transfer etc. More soon