Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Where can I mount my amp.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Rhonx2 is on a distinguished road
Rhonx2's Tacoma Gallery
Where can I mount my amp.

I have a JL Audio 1000/1v2 that I wanted to mount on my amp rack behind my rear seats but it won't fit. Does anyone have suggestions or experience on where I should mount this monster, I want the rear to look stock and not have it protruding out plain in the open. The dimensions according to JL Audio site is:
Height (H) 2.36 in / 60 mm
Width (W) 19.7 in / 500 mm
Depth (D) 9.25 in / 235 mm
Old 10-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
under the driver or passenger seat
Old 10-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
bolt it to the roof. or put it under a seat
Old 10-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
Don't get stuck in a mud puddle or you will have a toasted amp like my first one
Old 10-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
ike3000 will become famous soon enoughike3000 will become famous soon enough
ike3000's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think you're going to find very many places where that beast will fit. Can you mount it vertically behind the rear seats? Less than ideal for cooling, but you should be okay as long as you're not playing at max volume continuously.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
Rhonx2 is on a distinguished road
Rhonx2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81shark View Post
bolt it to the roof.
haha! that was actually a good idea which i may think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike3000 View Post
Can you mount it vertically behind the rear seats?
my amp rack is only 18 inches high so thats a no go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
i measured under there but there is a little hump that stops me from going further and it only comes out to like 10-12 inches

I saw this picture from a while back but I don't know who did them. But I don't know how they did it. I wouldn't like to cut into anything.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #7
Evenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
Evenflow's Tacoma Gallery
If you cut the buckets out of the rear storage it is really easy to create a clean looking amp rack. Here is a photo of mine while I was re carpeting the truck.
Attached Thumbnails
Where can I mount my amp.-image.jpg