1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1 13TW5 vs 2 10TW3

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by chaos316, Nov 18, 2013.

?

Which would you choose?

Poll closed Dec 18, 2013.
  1. 2 JL AUDIO 10TW3

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. 1 JL AUDIO 13TW5

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. Mar 10, 2014 at 6:40 AM
    Tj0hn

Tj0hn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Stock TRD Sport 4x4
    You are going to be moreeeee than happy with that setup. I run JL components so I can't say for the ID components but they have good reviews here.

As for the box, I have a design but it doesn't retain the child seat anchors...I drilled mine out. So I can't be of much help there.

2. Mar 10, 2014 at 7:05 AM
    looking4vr

looking4vr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Lusby, MD
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB TRD OffRoad 6MT
    Bone Stock, for now
    Installed, set up, and tuned properly - this set up should blow you away. Plenty of output and great sound quality as well. MrMarv has an excellent gallery of subwoofer box designs/options that should give you some ideas or at least get you pointed in the right direction as far as box design. You can check those out here:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/user/MrMarv/library/?sort=3&page=1

Personally, I prefer the JL components myself having run a few sets over the years. The ID stuff gets good reviews and they've been a great, solid company in the industry for many years so I feel like they are good value proposition for any shopper. I don't have any first hand experience with the C series components from JL yet though...all of my sets were XR series stuff from back in the day. Wish I still had them to be honest but I've got some older Diamond Audio HEX series components getting ready to go in the truck now.

3. Mar 10, 2014 at 10:27 PM
    spunger1

spunger1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Santa Barbara
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB TRD Sport
    Icon Stage 3 lift, 265/70/17 Nitto's on Method Mesh 17" Weather Tech Floor Mats Wet Okole Seat Covers Relentless Fab Tailgate Undercover bed cover To Come: SOS Bolt on Rock Sliders/steps Full Custom Sound system (Image Dynamics CXS/CTX Speakers, JL HD900/5, 2 10TW3 subs in custom boxes built by Mr. Marv
    I talked with Marv today. I'm sure both our wives were ready to ring our necks for having such a long conversation. I have a box on order and speaker adapters so we will see how that goes.

I played it safe and opted for 2 seperate boxes so I can retain all the child hooks. Plus I think the 2 subs should be good. After confirming with Marv I think it was the right choice.

I'm glad to have someone as passionate and knowledgable in the car audio community and is willing to still offer services like he does. It's one thing to make boxes at a stero shop but to know he's a cabinet maker by trade and has the mind set of an audio nut that's just icing on the cake. I can't say enough good things about the feeling and vibe I got with speaking with him. I'm sure if I have any questions I can't find answers to be will be the first I ask.

I'll get some pics of the boxes when they come. He's at about a 6 week backlog which is fine by me. I'm in no hurry. The hurry will be once I have everything lol.

4. Mar 11, 2014 at 4:42 AM
    looking4vr

looking4vr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Lusby, MD
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB TRD OffRoad 6MT
    Bone Stock, for now
    That's pretty awesome. I haven't had any first hand experience with him but I've been building my own enclosures for almost 20yrs. If I were to have one built - he's the only guy I know of that I would trust to build one for me personally. From one person who was in the business to another, that's saying something. Keep us updated - I'm anxious to see how it turns out! :cheers:

5. Mar 11, 2014 at 8:46 AM
    ike3000

ike3000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Marv is a good guy. And yes, he does love to talk. I had him build my enclosure and amp rack, and the quality is top notch. I caught him at a busy time, so it did take a little longer than I would have liked, but oh well. That's the risk when you buy from someone who is highly regarded (expect them to be busy!).

I have a IDQ10 installed and I really want to replace it with two 13TW5's. Unfortunately, I would need to relocate/replace my amp, new enclosure, etc. I don't think my wife will allow me to spend money on stereo stuff at the moment.

Products Discussed in

To Top