Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2014 Entune Rear camera/ After market replacement?

Old 02-12-2014, 10:20 AM   #21
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Doug
DougDeBonet's Tacoma Gallery
Oh nice
Old 02-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #22
AEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Director of Wing Inspections
Name: Chris
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
This is the latest response from the eBay seller:

"I'm having a bit of a tough time locating the female side of this so it may
be a bit for a plug in option.....the only other suggestion I could make is
to hardwire it .....Let me know your thoughts"

I guess I could hardwire it if I knew the proper connections...I'm not in a hurry to cut the harness though!
Old 02-20-2014, 04:21 PM   #23
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEmedic View Post

I guess I could hardwire it if I knew the proper connections...I'm not in a hurry to cut the harness though!

Ouch. That kinda blows lol.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:04 AM   #24
Ernyp22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Erny
Ernyp22's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEmedic View Post

I am at the point where I would hardwire mine, if I knew what the right wires were.

Anyone who knows?
Old 03-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #25
shawusmc04 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
shawusmc04's Tacoma Gallery
I need an adapter from my factory camera harness on my 2014 for an alpine ine-z928hd. Does anybody know where I can find one of these or how to hard wire it.

I saw another thread that showed splicing a RCA with pins and pluging it into wire harness under driver side kick panel? but that was for 2012 and 2013 to get the camera display in Head unit. Will this work for 2014. Sucks not having camera working.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #26

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawusmc04 View Post
I need an adapter from my factory camera harness on my 2014 for an alpine ine-z928hd. Does anybody know where I can find one of these or how to hard wire it.

I saw another thread that showed splicing a RCA with pins and pluging it into wire harness under driver side kick panel? but that was for 2012 and 2013 to get the camera display in Head unit. Will this work for 2014. Sucks not having camera working.

Only thing I can think of is running a new camera to it at the moment. Currently the harness for the 14 HU is completely different.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:51 PM   #27
morrisminor is on a distinguished road
Army: CW3 R/W F/W pilot
Name: Mike
morrisminor's Tacoma Gallery
I am surprised nobody has brought this up, but my radio display and back up camera monitor in my 2014 Tacoma are impossible to see in daylight. The monitor in my 2012 Tacoma was on the rear view mirror and was much better. Has anybody devised a shade for the radio display?
Mike
Old 03-06-2014, 11:39 PM   #28

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisminor View Post
I am surprised nobody has brought this up, but my radio display and back up camera monitor in my 2014 Tacoma are impossible to see in daylight. The monitor in my 2012 Tacoma was on the rear view mirror and was much better. Has anybody devised a shade for the radio display?
Mike

Umm. Turn the parking lights off, keep it on DRL or off to see it, otherwise turn on daylight mode from the settings.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #29
morrisminor is on a distinguished road
Army: CW3 R/W F/W pilot
morrisminor's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you Doug. That has pretty much corrected the problem of not being able to read the radio or back-up camera in the daylight. It's still hard to see with polarized sunglasses, but my old Ray Bans solved that problem.
Mike
Old 03-15-2014, 11:02 AM   #30

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisminor View Post
Thank you Doug. That has pretty much corrected the problem of not being able to read the radio or back-up camera in the daylight. It's still hard to see with polarized sunglasses, but my old Ray Bans solved that problem.
Mike

No problem, kinda figured that might be the problem, I'm used to turning my lights on while driving and that made it annoying so I just drive with DRL until it gets darker lol.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #31
Jumper's Leds
csjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2nd class petty officer
Name: chris
csjumper2003's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so I've been at the audio ship all day with my new 14. There is an issue with the 14 that wasn't an issue with the 13 or lower. The 14 is a 6volt camera and with the aftermarket head unit ie kenwood double din it isn't working. Had anyone still not figured this out? Or should I just say the hell with it and buy an aftermarket camera that fits pretty good in the oem spot?
Old 05-17-2014, 06:21 PM   #32
AiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really nice
Army: Aviation
AiNoFaKNKeA's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd...does anyone have the wiring diagrams for the head unit harnesses and rear camera system for the '14? or can anyone confirm if they're the same as the '13s?

want to determine if it's worth replacing the head unit, as the stock isn't that bad, though could be a lot better, and want to do the rear camera anytime mod
Old 05-18-2014, 12:55 AM   #33
je3169 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
je3169's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 05-18-2014, 02:31 AM   #34
Jumper's Leds
csjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They are different than the 13s
Old 05-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #35

je3169's Tacoma Gallery
Does anybody know what is different about the setup on a 14 is it just the 6volts that run the camera or is there something else.

Thanks John
Old 05-18-2014, 01:24 PM   #36
Jumper's Leds

What I understood was if you cut the 12v coming out of aftermarket radio to 6volts and have the 2013 adapter it will work. I tried using resisters to cut the volts down but didn't work. I have an aftermarket camera from my 11 but really wanted to use the oem one. This issue is definetely a pita.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #37

je3169's Tacoma Gallery
Ok thanks so we to get 6 volts and the 2013 adapter will work.

Thanks John
Old 05-18-2014, 03:31 PM   #38

je3169's Tacoma Gallery
From another post "Now the camera requires 6v , which comes directly from the Gentex mirror/monitor via the harness that I donít have. But if youíre like me and donít have the monitor, let alone harness that goes there, itís perfectly fine to use 12v (other members have also done this and having no problems). I tapped into the passenger reverse light, that way the camera will only be powered on by going into reverse."

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...lots-pics.html

John
Old 05-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #39
"The Professional"
DaBigDogg is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Police Dispatcher
Name: J
DaBigDogg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdog View Post
I don't know if you'll be able to use the stock camera with an aftermarket head unit. I'm sure there's a way, I just don't know because I've never researched it. Hopefully someone else knows and will help out with the answer.

However, I do know that you'll be able to use this stock looking camera with an aftermarket head unit. It comes pre-installed in a Pop & Lock PL5300.

Looks like since this post was back in 12/13, the website has changed. Now they offer the PL5400 Here.

It looks like it costs a bit through them, but it seems like a solution to wanting to keep a backup camera on an aftermarket radio...
Old 05-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #40

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigDogg View Post
Looks like since this post was back in 12/13, the website has changed. Now they offer the PL5400 Here.

It looks like it costs a bit through them, but it seems like a solution to wanting to keep a backup camera on an aftermarket radio...

That's actually a pretty sweet way to get around this