Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2014 Entune Rear camera/ After market replacement?

Old 05-19-2014, 05:52 AM   #41
shawusmc04 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
shawusmc04's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2014 dc with an Alpine 8 inch head unit. I have the factory reverse camera working this is how. Contact ebay user ckremernimrod1 He cant sell anything on ebay right now he got into trouble. I bought a plug and play harness from him. $25 includes shipping. It plugs in my factory reverse camera plug. It goes from factory plug to yellow RCA plug to work in after market units. You have to splice 2 wires. 1 in main 28 plug factory adapter, its the second wire Red with silver strip. Its in the top row second wire. Put a test light on it with the ignition on it wont work then put in reverse the test light will come on. Double check to make sure it the correct wire. This tells the head unit to turn on the camera when you put truck in reverse. I used the quick splice adapters from advance auto parts. You have to cut nothing. Then you have to splice the other wire to a ground. You can use the black wire on aftermarket harness. It works great and comes with instructions. You pay the guy through paypal. I was worried because he is suspended from ebay but he is good. Takes a day or so for him to email. I think he is a computer guy that makes stuff on the side. If you dont wont to cut anything on your truck this is the way to do it. Hope this helps and good luck!!
Old 05-19-2014, 06:13 AM   #42
je3169 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
je3169's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds Good thanks for the help.

John
Old 05-19-2014, 03:14 PM   #43
Jumper's Leds
csjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2nd class petty officer
Name: chris
csjumper2003's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so I bought an aftermarket camera from alpine. It fits very tight in oem hole but does mount like the oem. No lines in camera but I have a working camera. Tapped into the oem wiring and connected the other end to the back of my radio and now I have a working camera. This was definetely an interesting project. Also the alpine camera can adjust to te oem camera and I believe that is why yours worked. I didn't have that option with my kenwood double din.

Just happy to finally have a camera that works. I backed into a bush on my brand new not even a week old truck and put a nice scratch on my tailgate because I didn't see how far as was back. Stupid camera issue. Fixed now though.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #44
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't had a back up camera for 2 days since i upgraded my head unit. Never resized how convenient it was until now. I found a ebay user "cellchubz" who said he makes an adapter but is out of them right now. hope that helps someone. I will be un-patiently waiting for them
Old 07-24-2014, 08:54 PM   #45
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Came across this and will check my wiring to see if this will work.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...elow-dash.html
Old 07-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #46
DunkinDal is on a distinguished road
Army:
DunkinDal's Tacoma Gallery
2014radio.pdf

2014 radio wire diagram
Old 07-24-2014, 09:28 PM   #47
"The Professional"
DaBigDogg is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Police Dispatcher
Name: J
DaBigDogg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by double dee View Post
I haven't had a back up camera for 2 days since i upgraded my head unit. Never resized how convenient it was until now. I found a ebay user "cellchubz" who said he makes an adapter but is out of them right now. hope that helps someone. I will be un-patiently waiting for them

Funny you say that...my taco is the first vehicle I've owned with a camera and I purposely try not to use it as I don't want to rely on it as no other car I operate has one.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:42 PM   #48

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkinDal View Post
Attachment 282276

2014 radio wire diagram
dude... I have no idea what I was looking at there ha
Old 12-06-2014, 05:46 PM   #49
naishsr is on a distinguished road
Marines: Aviation
Name: Naish
naishsr's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is an old post but I have been looking for a connector assembly to maintian the use of the factory installed back up camera in my 2014 TRD. "cellchubz" has a harness/connector assembly to maintain the use of the factory installed backup camera in aftermarket head units. Appears that there is enough demand for this solution now.