Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2014 Entune Rear camera/ After market replacement?

Old 11-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
Ole Shawn is on a distinguished road

Ole Shawn's Tacoma Gallery

OK as you may know 2014 the rear camera moved from rearview mirror to LCD screen HU. If I get an aftermarket head unit, will I be able to use camera on aftermarket LCD? Does anybody have pics of the camera connector and have any idea where to go with this? Or am I just SOL on having Pioneer/Kenwood.ect HU and Rear Camera?
Old 12-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
rijkstar is on a distinguished road
rijkstar's Tacoma Gallery
i just got a 2014 tacoma reg cab.. was wondering the same thing.. bought an echo master backup camera that i thought would just plug in.. the handle on gate has a blank for the camera and is pre wired when you remove the backing.. when i did, the connectors were all different.. so was wondering what camera would work for the 2014 also
Old 12-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if you'll be able to use the stock camera with an aftermarket head unit. I'm sure there's a way, I just don't know because I've never researched it. Hopefully someone else knows and will help out with the answer.

However, I do know that you'll be able to use this stock looking camera with an aftermarket head unit. It comes pre-installed in a Pop & Lock PL5300.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:27 PM   #4
samsquamch1981 is on a distinguished road

samsquamch1981's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijkstar View Post
i just got a 2014 tacoma reg cab.. was wondering the same thing.. bought an echo master backup camera that i thought would just plug in.. the handle on gate has a blank for the camera and is pre wired when you remove the backing.. when i did, the connectors were all different.. so was wondering what camera would work for the 2014 also
I have a 2014 and am prewired as well. i'm just looking for a camera that will fit the harness. Did you ever have any luck?
Old 02-09-2014, 02:39 PM   #5
Ernyp22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Erny
Ernyp22's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb New HU... Need cam wiring

I have replaced my Entune HU with a new Jvc Touch Screen. I wasn't able to figure out the wiring for the reverse camera, but I would sure like to. The factory HU did have it working, so clearly the wiring is there. I need to know which wires to splice, to make an Rca, and

I did find this on another post,

R15 28 pin, white radio side, white truck side, igniton, reverse (you would have to do the video mod), MIC, aux, speed sensor, steering wheel controls

R22 4 Pin, gray radio side, gray truck side, USB

R26 16 Pin, white radio side, non existent on 2013. This is for video input (you would need to do video mirror to unit mod)

... And a picture of the factory unit attached.

Any help would be awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Entune Rear camera/ After market replacement?-image4368.jpg  
Old 02-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #6
AEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Director of Wing Inspections
Name: Chris
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
eBay member, ckremernimrod1 claims to be able to make a harness to use the back-up camera with an aftermarket HU. I have contacted him and he said he will make me a harness.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:07 PM   #7
Ernyp22's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb Rev Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEmedic View Post
eBay member, ckremernimrod1 claims to be able to make a harness to use the back-up camera with an aftermarket HU. I have contacted him and he said he will make me a harness.
I would also be interested... Would he make another one for me?
Old 02-09-2014, 05:26 PM   #8
AEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernyp22 View Post
I would also be interested... Would he make another one for me?
That is one of the items he sales. My only concern, and one I will raise with him, is to make sure he understands that 2013 and 2014 are different. I think that the origins of the camera harness is the same so I hope the harness is the same behind the dash...

I suggest contacting him on eBay. I'm sure he would be glad to sell you a harness.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:27 PM   #9
Ernyp22's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEmedic View Post
That is one of the items he sales. My only concern, and one I will raise with him, is to make sure he understands that 2013 and 2014 are different. I think that the origins of the camera harness is the same so I hope the harness is the same behind the dash...

I suggest contacting him on eBay. I'm sure he would be glad to sell you a harness.
He will make me a harness. Should be shipped later in the week. $69. Excelent.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:11 AM   #10
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
I purchased a harness from him for my Pioneer unit. The harness worked flawlessly. I could not have been happier.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #11
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Doug
DougDeBonet's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like I'm gonna need to get one haha
Old 02-10-2014, 04:19 PM   #12
Ernyp22's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb Aftermarket HU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace96 View Post
I purchased a harness from him for my Pioneer unit. The harness worked flawlessly. I could not have been happier.
Thats great news! Thanks for the info... By the way, that's great mileage! What have you done to your Tacoma?
Old 02-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #13
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:

Quote:

Oh btw was this for a 2014?
Old 02-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #14
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernyp22 View Post
Thats great news! Thanks for the info... By the way, that's great mileage! What have you done to your Tacoma?
Truck is pretty much stock. Now my mileage has gone down this winter due to running 4wd a lot. Think I averaged 15-16 mpg my last fill up which I have not got entered in fuelly.

My truck is a 2011. Shouldn't really matter because the harness hooks up under the dash on the very left hand side. Plug one end into head unit, the other end under dash. You do have to splice 1 wire. Just make sure you have the right one. I can get some pics of install when it warms up if you need them.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:42 PM   #15

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Truck is pretty much stock. Now my mileage has gone down this winter due to running 4wd a lot. Think I averaged 15-16 mpg my last fill up which I have not got entered in fuelly.

My truck is a 2011. Shouldn't really matter because the harness hooks up under the dash on the very left hand side. Plug one end into head unit, the other end under dash. You do have to splice 1 wire. Just make sure you have the right one. I can get some pics of install when it warms up if you need them.

I could be wrong but I think the harness is different for the 14, I could be wrong. I know the older ones had the reverse camera in the mirror, the 14 has it in the HU.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:17 AM   #16
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDeBonet View Post
I could be wrong but I think the harness is different for the 14, I could be wrong. I know the older ones had the reverse camera in the mirror, the 14 has it in the HU.
Oh you are right. I did not realize that about the back up camera being in the head unit on the '14s. I would think that will simplify the install. This should eliminate the need to splice for the reverse trigger.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #17

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Oh you are right. I did not realize that about the back up camera being in the head unit on the '14s. I would think that will simplify the install. This should eliminate the need to splice for the reverse trigger.

Probably but I read somewhere the harness is different, time will tell haha
Old 02-12-2014, 04:07 AM   #18
Ernyp22's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Harness Difference

Quote:
I did let the eBay seller know that the 14 tacoma will be different on Monday. He hasn't responded yet. I'll post on here when I hear back. It looks like it's a growing topic as more people get the 14 tacoma.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:56 AM   #19
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
I guess he is having issues responding, I have contacted him a couple of times and he only responded to the first question I posted...likely this is just a side gig and he will get to us in his own good time.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:22 AM   #20
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
I just got this response from the guy on eBay:

"I did not forget you.....I am trying to source the female connector for the 2014 Tacoma backup camera so that I can build this harness."