Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2014 Navigation Unit in 2013

Old 12-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #21
merkwürdigliebe
yogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant future

Navy: Former DP1, Now USN CIV
Name: Tom
yogster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5vic View Post
So i just priced one out at the dealer... $3800!!!

Yes, absolutely ridiculous!!!

My net cost after selling my 2013 unit was $225!!!

Keep an eye out on the forums. Somebody will sell theirs sooner or later.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #22
merkwürdigliebe
yogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant future

yogster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toniodiaz View Post
Hi Yogster,
Maybe you can help mi with my case. I have a 2011 Tacoma with JBL amp Audio System, phone bluetooth connection, sat radio, and pf course it comes with the shark roof antenna.

I would love to buy the new Premium entune 2014 radio, is it possible? Is the cable harness the same?

Thank a lot

I think the Sat tuner should plug in fine, and the antenna plugs into that, so no worries there. The shark fin will not have the GPS antenna, though. Different antennas that receive (optimally) different frequencies.
The GPS antenna is not a big deal. There are always some for sale on ebay - Toyota specific. As I mentioned before most Toyota's (Camry, Corolla, etc) mount the GPS antenna behind the radio up high in the dash. This works 100% for me in the Tacoma.

The JBL amp connections I'm not sure, though. I do not know if non-externally amplified radios have non-amplified signals on other pins. They may. Unused pins are not described in the wiring diagrams. I never really looked at pre-2013 models on TIS, so I cannot really say for sure.

Also, and this is for all, REMEMBER if you want the full Entune functionality you must have the following:

1. First and foremost an Entune Plus audio or Nav unit. This will have the additional entune features (but not until YOU, the owner take specific actions).

2. You must have an Entune account!!!

3. You cannot create an Entune account without a VALID VIN from a vehicle.

4. You MAY need a VIN from a vehicle with the exact model of radio you have - not 100% sure on this.

5. Once you register with Entune online, add an appropriate VIN, and connect to your Entune Plus radio via Bluetooth, it should then download the full Entune suite....

This means if you merely install an Entune Plus radio in your non Entune plus equipped truck, Entune will not work!!!!
Old 12-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #23
merkwürdigliebe

yogster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Johns View Post
Hey Yogster, do you happen to know the power output (RMS) per channel on my stock Entune plus?

You know, I couldn't find any technical information like that readily on TIS. I think if I looked through the "repair manual" section, there might be some diagnostics that state those values. Not sure.

RMS - That's Root Mean Square for us non-technical types.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #24
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
FLTrucks got another one up for grabs. Jump on it before someone else does.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post7787663
Old 12-16-2013, 05:47 AM   #25
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Can you post some links to the threads on moving your backup cam from the mirror to the display on a 2013?

Can other video feeds be piped through the display?
Old 12-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #26
ramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ramon
ramonortiz55's Tacoma Gallery
This is just what I needed.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #27
clutch
itdiestoday is on a distinguished road

itdiestoday's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent information Yog. Doesnt look like I'll really need anything for this upgrade.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #28
uncrx2003 is on a distinguished road
Name: Minh
uncrx2003's Tacoma Gallery
Yog,

Did you mount the antenna under or on top of the dash? Got the radio in today and will try to swap it out tomorrow.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #29
tacotacoburrito is on a distinguished road
tacotacoburrito's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncrx2003 View Post
Yog,

Did you mount the antenna under or on top of the dash? Got the radio in today and will try to swap it out tomorrow.
I just swapped mine in today. I used some double sided foam tape and stuck it to the inside of the dash. If you look behind where the radio sits you'll see two air ducts Y-ing away from each other. I stuck it to the underside of the dash about half way up.

Seriously it's stupid easy. I haven't done a radio swap before and I had this knocked out in less than 30 mins.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #31
Thanks fellas. Got it installed today. Pretty easy like you said. Only thing I didn't like about it was the plastic cover piece is not as secured as the old one but once it's snapped in place, everything was good. Even got all the premium apps to work.

Old 12-31-2013, 05:58 AM   #32
peto48 will become famous soon enough

peto48's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks fellas. Got it installed today. Pretty easy like you said. Only thing I didn't like about it was the plastic cover piece is not as secured as the old one but once it's snapped in place, everything was good. Even got all the premium apps to work.

Did you have to enter your vin to get the premium apps to work?
Old 12-31-2013, 06:12 AM   #33
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 4th Fighter Wing
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
I am trying to get my hands on one of these head units. I want to try this swap!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:16 AM   #34
clutch
itdiestoday is on a distinguished road

itdiestoday's Tacoma Gallery
Its safe to say that we are all wanting this swap!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:36 AM   #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by peto48 View Post
Did you have to enter your vin to get the premium apps to work?
Yes, you have to have a valid VIN to register for the account. Hint: Google is your friend. I tried all the VIN from the local dealerships and none of them work. Lol

Out of curiosity, I asked my local stealership to see the cost of this unit. They quoted me a bit lower than the quote above but still ridiculous. ($3100)
Old 12-31-2013, 06:39 AM   #36
ramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ramon
ramonortiz55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, you have to have a valid VIN to register for the account. Hint: Google is your friend. I tried all the VIN from the local dealerships and none of them work. Lol

Out of curiosity, I asked my local stealership to see the cost of this unit. They quoted me a bit lower than the quote above but still ridiculous. ($3100)
So I am guessing you googled and used the VIN from a dealership NOT in your area?
Old 12-31-2013, 10:31 AM   #37
^^yes! Anyone knows what I need to get to activate sirius?
Old 12-31-2013, 06:01 PM   #38
merkwürdigliebe

yogster's Tacoma Gallery
Check online salvage sites...

A vin from any Toyota with equipped with a similar radio will work. I got a bunch of VINs off salvage sites. I had to go through several to find ones that worked. I added them all to my account. The salvage sites with pictures of the interiors are most helpful.

I believe a VIN can be used up to 5 times. So say five people drove your Toyota, each of them could have a separate entune account/email/phone....

Making the app-registration VIN specific is kind of pointless. It's not like the radio talks to the truck... It's "dumb", doesn't know or care truck it is in. It is in no way tapped into the truck's data bus.

Toyota should be like: "You want to stick an entune premium radio in a non-entune truck, go for it!" They could be concerned about theft, but I doubt it. How many factory radios ever get stolen?
Old 01-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #39
merkwürdigliebe

yogster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^yes! Anyone knows what I need to get to activate sirius?
You will need:

1. a Sirius tuner. The unit supports one, but it not included internal to the unit.
2. an antenna. One of my other posts indicated options for tuners and antennas.
3. Once connected, SAT will be an option on the AUDIO screen. Tune to channel 0, get the tuner id.
4. Go to SiriusXM website and register unit, choose plan.

You don't need a VIN for this.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:53 PM   #40
^^thanks for the info. I've been experiencing some screen freezes for some reason. Wondering if you have any of that issues. Like after a while it doesn't respond when you want to change source of the audio. It seems like it only does with with either the pandora or iheartradio app.