LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Pioneer appradio 3

Old 12-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #61
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders99 View Post
iPhone 4. plugged into the head unit and bluetooth for calls
I stated that the issue isnt present on iPhones.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #62
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
I stated that the issue isnt present on iPhones.
Opps must have read over that part.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #63
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders99 View Post
Opps must have read over that part.
The guy has an HTC One and I commented how my friend has one too and he noted the AR3 outputs 500mAH when connected to an Android device (could be 1.0A on an iPhone its different) and with his huge screen and quad cores, etc. he consumes more juice than the AR3 can provide. He got 5-6 hours before he was out of juice though. you could disable wifi, lower brightness, etc. and reduce the power consumption on the HTC One and probably get more itme before having to charge
Old 12-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #64
shtran21 is on a distinguished road
shtran21's Tacoma Gallery
I just got my tacoma and immediately installed the app radio 3. It has a GPS Antennae and there are apps that don't require data for GPS.

So far, I love it. It takes some practice to use just to get used to. I compared this with the AVIC Nav model from pioneer and it cost so much less. I paid about 800-850 for all the hookups, harness, head unit with DVD, and all iPhone 5 hookups.

There are a couple of things I wish were different. 1./. The cord to the iPhone is a little bulky since it has the HDMI And lightning cable together. 2./. The required app doesn't start when you plug it in. You have to unlock phone and start app on your own. (I could be missing something)

I would definitely recommend.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #65
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
I have a male/female Lightning cable extender. Real convenient!

Once jailbroken you can configure your phone to auto start appradio. You can also auto accept when it asks to allow video ver HDMI by using a program for that. I really think jail breaking helps with a lot of the little annoying things
Old 12-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #66
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
I just found this. If he ever gets it figured out where you could just hop into the car and the phone would pair over wireless that would be SICK. I hate plugging stuff in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roHUf2z78DU
Old 12-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #67
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just pulled the trigger. Mine should be here next week. Merry Christmas to me.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #68
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrumpf View Post
I didnt think of that.... That sounds like it would work.... Just cant decide on the Internal GPS unit or the App radio using the data from your phone. I also don't understand why the cable for the App radio is so much??
iPhone cable is so much because they are using original apple cables. I think the normal price for a lightning is like 19.99 or 29.99 and then you need the HDMI adapter which is $45, then you need an HDMI cable, tack on a few more bucks, plus they want a profit.

The AppRadio has a GPS antenna. It has a GPS injector that if you cant get GPS data on your phone, the AppRadio sends the GPS data to it. I put mine under the dash above the vent, with just a tiny bit of dash plastic between the antenna and the world. Out of sight, works great!
Old 12-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #69
mo13 is on a distinguished road
Navy: AD2
Name: Marc
mo13's Tacoma Gallery
How's it going fellas just bought the appradio3 and haven't installed it yet or anything and I e read on this thread (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...elow-dash.html) that you can wire in the reverse view into the headt unit was just wondering if any of y'all have done this yet and if y'all have can give any pointers to me on it if its not that easy.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #70
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
I switched this weekend from an iPhone 5 to a Google Nexus 5. Using AppRadio Unleashed on the Nexus 5 is a far better experience than the iPhone. My screen is 100% mirrored and I use the AppRadio like it was my phone. It is pretty damn slick. Just a FYI since I am a long time iPhone user and now an Android user.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #71
Porkchop228 is on a distinguished road

Porkchop228's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at this unit this week and found that it didn't meet my needs. I opted for the AVH-X4600BT instead because it is better for expanding with in the future. This unit has outputs for other screens and the APPRADIO 3 does not. Also the AVH-X4600BT has 4v pre-outs and not 2V like the APPRADIO 3 which will provide better sound quality for an external amplifier. I liked the APPRADIO 3 but I believe to get the full potential out of it for use with an Iphone it would need to be "jail broken". The AVH-X4600BT also has the APPRADIO feature too but it doesn't seem to be compatible with as many apps as the APPRADIO 3.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #72
Sounds Gooooood

For those of you installing the AppRadio into a Tacoma you should be fine. But if you need a double din cage for installing into a car with a double din opening....IT DOES NOT COME WITH ONE! So make sure you buy one with your order!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:10 AM   #73
Dr.Phil is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
Dr.Phil's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up the Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS for my 2002 Tacoma SR5 xtra cab and couldn't be happier with it.
Pioneer 4 Channel AMP & replacement Polk Audio speakers round things out.
I'm using it with my Galaxy S4 Phone and use BT for everything.
It is so nice not having to plug anything in.

The Video In Motion override cable is a must though.
About half of the functions are useless without the parking brake engaged.
The override takes care of that little issue.

I'm in the process of polishing up the install and picking up one of those OBD-II Blue Tooth adapters so that I can get all the vehicle data displayed on the radio via the Dash Command App.
Looking to install USB & AUX Audio inputs into that little "change cup" next to the cup holders.
Trying to figure out where to install the microphone to get the best pickup and cleanest appearance.
I also need to take the interior back apart and use polyfill & flashing tape to keep them from vibrating.

The Pioneer App Radio is one of those products that has me liking it more and more the longer I own it.
I just hope it can stand up to the beating that the 4x4 SR5 puts on it while going off road.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #74
Sounds Gooooood

I saw the OBD II bluetooth thing too and really wanted it. Too bad the RX7 my AppRadio3 is going into is OBD I lol.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #75
junkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant future
Name: Erik
junkman's Tacoma Gallery
This sounds pretty good. I think I will hold off for a while longer though in hopes that these companies get their shit together in better supporting smart phone integration.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #76
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna post a new video when I return from Cancun next week showing my Google Nexus 5 rooted with ARU. I did one for iPhone 5 but the experience is totally diff on android. I like it much more.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #77
jlleiber is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
jlleiber's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
I'm gonna post a new video when I return from Cancun next week showing my Google Nexus 5 rooted with ARU. I did one for iPhone 5 but the experience is totally diff on android. I like it much more.
Not to stray off topic, but how do you like the nexus 5 compared to the iphone 5 just in general? I'm realllly leaning toward trying to trade my iphone 5 for a nexus 5 for a bigger screen and to see how I like android
Old 02-08-2014, 08:39 AM   #78
Sounds Gooooood

I have a BIG update coming on this. I just need a second device so I can record a video demonstration. Look for something middle of next week.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #79
krylon153 is on a distinguished road
krylon153's Tacoma Gallery
I have an app radio 3 ( SPH-DA210 ) and a scoshce dash kit ready to go but I read the app radio 3 with the dvd drive is not compatible. Has anyone installed this in a Tacoma? My guess is clearance issues with the face movement?? Kind of want to know this before I start the installation....
Old 02-09-2014, 07:23 PM   #80
Sounds Gooooood

^Good question. Someone help this guy out.