1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Audio questions

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by wbyrd01, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Dec 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    wbyrd01

wbyrd01 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 PreRunner DCSB TRDOR
    First question. When playing music through my tablet via Bluetooth, is it better to run the equalizer on my tablet with my aftermarket HU flat, or the other way around? I have a pretty decent eq on the tablet but I don't know if the HU effects it.

Second question. The amp for my sub is under the driver's seat and it gets pretty hot. Should I be worried about it getting too hot and possibly catching the carpet on fire? I hate worrying about this kind of stuff! I can run the AC and get the vent under the seat to blow on the amp, just wondering if it's actually needed.

Thanks!

2. Dec 20, 2013 at 3:28 AM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    1. I would run the tablet flat and use the HU's EQ to tune. Then try the other way around and see which you like better. I don't know the HU you have so the EQ may or may not be better than the tablet.

2. Go to an ACE hardware, get some spacers and lift it off the carpet. Don't run the floor heater or you are putting direct heat on the amp.

3. Dec 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    wbyrd01

Member:
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:

1. Head unit is a Pioneer DEH-X8500BH that I bought specifically to run my Nexus 7 (2013) via bluetooth. On the Nexus I'm running ViPER4Android Audio Effects http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223. I will take your advise and see which way sounds better.

2. I won't run the floor heater, but yesterday I did run the AC through the floor vents which did cool it down. I just don't know how hot is "too hot" and was a little worried when I felt it, it was pretty hot! The amp is the Rockford Fosgate R250X1 Prime pushing a single Prime 10". Again, I'll take your advise and put some spacers under it. I have a feeling my wife got me new tweeters and speakers for the bed, so I'll be tearing the seats out again anyways!

Thanks!

4. Dec 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    that amp does run a bit hot but you should always be able to rest your hand on it without it hurting or making your hand pull away. I'd space it and see if it helps out. I got my Alpine 600watt amp under my seat, spaced 1 inch off the carpet and it doesn't rub anywhere and never heats up unless the floor heat is on.

The HU you have has a decent EQ in it. But play with both as a 32 band EQ just gives you more tuning options to play with.

If you need some help let me know. I'm in Chandler and I do a lot of stereo installs for people. Always willing to lend a hand if you want.

5. Dec 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    wbyrd01

Member:
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Sounds good man, appreciate it!

Products Discussed in

To Top