Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

10 10's walled in an 07 access cab

Old 12-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #41
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbedSinner View Post
lol who knows. I guess I can also do that; I have put around 100 man hours into it so far and the shop I last worked at charge $60 an hour. So I guess you can add $600 to my price so far.
There ya go! Now your audio system sounds $600 better
Old 12-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #42
hondarider215 will become famous soon enough

Name: Wes
hondarider215's Tacoma Gallery
^$6000

Truck looks amazing. Can't wait to see it all finished
Old 12-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #43
blisters
dubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dubbedSinner's Tacoma Gallery
lol I guess so. Well I'm going to get some more work done on this after tomorrow. I'm planning on mounting the subs and hooking up the one amp that I have and just test everything out and see how it sounds and plays. If all is good I'll pull the subs back out and and more bracing then start finishing up things. I still have a ton of work left to do.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #44
blisters
dubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider215 View Post
^$6000

Truck looks amazing. Can't wait to see it all finished
Thanks man. Once I buy the second amp it will be more than that unfortunately lol. Plus I still need to buy steel for the alt bracket and battery trays, and various other materials. All the crap just keeps adding up.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #45
hondarider215 will become famous soon enough

Name: Wes
hondarider215's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbedSinner View Post
Thanks man. Once I buy the second amp it will be more than that unfortunately lol. Plus I still need to buy steel for the alt bracket and battery trays, and various other materials. All the crap just keeps adding up.
Damn thats crazy dude. Cant wait to see a video of it.
$6000 is just your labor into it lol if you got paid.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #46
blisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider215 View Post
Damn thats crazy dude. Cant wait to see a video of it.
$6000 is just your labor into it lol if you got paid.
Thanks. Oh yea, lol I didn't noticed I missed a zero back there. My bad hah
Old 12-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #47
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
$600-$6,000. What's an extra zero anyways?
Old 12-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #48
blisters

I worked on it for a good bit today. Wiring up the subs was pretty time consuming since I soldered everything. Like I said earlier I am only doing this just to test everything and see how the box sounds and performs. I only have one amp now so I will wire it up halfway temporary and see what it does. If I'm satisfied with everything then I'll move on to making everything look good and hooking up the alt and batteries. Still a ways to go but it feels good to have gotten this far.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #49
blisters

I might mount the amp at an angle instead of like this I'm not sure yet.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #50
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good. The amp doesn't set off my OCD sensors, so I like it. I think it could look good either way though IMO.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:50 AM   #51
blisters

Thanks, that is kind of what I was thinking that it could go either way and look alright.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #52
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
You may have already stated it, but what are your plans for the middle holes?
Old 12-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #53
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope953 View Post
You may have already stated it, but what are your plans for the middle holes?
I think those are the ports for the airflow behind the subs.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #54
One Tire Fire!
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone want to make a bet on how far away you can probably hear this from?
Old 12-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #55
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
I think those are the ports for the airflow behind the subs.
I figured that is what they were. Just unsure considering how big the ports were. But with that many subs that size hole is probably sufficient
Old 12-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #56
blisters

Yes those are the ports in the center. For a box this large it is about accurate for how big they are. They come out to be around 99sq in of port area per side and about 13.5in/cubic ft. It is bigger than average but with these subs and how I wanted the box to play it works well according to the design programs I used.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #57
blisters

Well I got the amp wired and playing today. I ran the two runs of 1/0 to the battery under the truck and the two runs of 1/0 that are grounded to the frame. I feel bad for this poor battery for the time being. I am surprised with how loud it is with only one amp. Even when I only had five of the ten's hooked up at 2ohms it was louder than the four 15's I had in here before. Right now I have all ten of them hooked up and around 1-1.5ohm. Everything sounds great though. I am really happy with how the box performs and now I need to do a lot more to get closer to finishing. I soldered every lug and used techflex and heat shrink for every visible cable.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #58
Suggin is on a distinguished road
Suggin's Tacoma Gallery
You happen to know a guy by the name of Steve Meade?
Old 12-30-2013, 05:34 AM   #59
blisters

Never heard of him. lol yea the guy built himself an empire. Not a huge fan of him or his forum but he is smart.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:31 AM   #60
New Tacoma 0wner!!!
TreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TreeFortRichard's Tacoma Gallery
Real thought here....I wonder how all that vibrating will influence that whole access cab door seatbelt bolt issue...If driving can vibrate the seatbelt holder loose I wonder what 200dB will Do!

Nice set up...that's more art than hobby at this point.