LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

10 10's walled in an 07 access cab

Old 02-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #101
blisters
dubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dubbedSinner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikajo39 View Post
Op how did you mount your alternator and hook it up? I'm running a Sundown Saz-2000D and a Sundown Zv4 10", with the big three with 1/0 and big wet cell and my electrical just can't keep up. I've been looking to do a HO alternator but nobody makes anything for the 2.7L second gen Only the 4.0 and idk if that'd be compatible with our 2.7L. Contacted DC power and they said they had something in the works months ago but never got back to me about it. I'd love to see how you got your alternator installed and wired up.
Sorry for the late response, I've been busy all day. I haven't mounted the alt yet but when I do I will post plenty of pictures. The plan is to use some 1/4" plate and create a bracket out of that and put it in the factory spot. Also Mike Singer does make an alt for our trucks. I just can't remember exactly what the specs were on it but i did talk to him about a drop in one for this at first. I would talk to him though. He has excellent customer service and is fast also. He said mine took him longer than expected so he powdercoated it for free.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:16 PM   #102
blisters
dubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
What is going on here? Good God.
A good waste of money is what's going on here lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az lowtacoma View Post
Magic deep dark magic
Something like that ha
Old 02-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #103
mikajo39 is on a distinguished road
mikajo39's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbedSinner View Post
Sorry for the late response, I've been busy all day. I haven't mounted the alt yet but when I do I will post plenty of pictures. The plan is to use some 1/4" plate and create a bracket out of that and put it in the factory spot. Also Mike Singer does make an alt for our trucks. I just can't remember exactly what the specs were on it but i did talk to him about a drop in one for this at first. I would talk to him though. He has excellent customer service and is fast also. He said mine took him longer than expected so he powdercoated it for free.
No worries, excited for the future build, I'm subbed. If singer has a drop in unit that's got enough amperage I'll probably go that route. If not, I don't mind doing some fabbing to get that beefy of an alternator in there. That powder coat looks awesome.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:39 AM   #104
blisters

I think the drop in one that he offered was 220amp. I'm not positive though
Old 02-17-2014, 12:24 AM   #106
Quote:
I think the drop in one that he offered was 220amp. I'm not positive though
That would be right up my alley. I contacted Singer Thursday but haven't heard back from them yet. Might have to call them tomorrow. I think an SQ2200, an XS D3100, and a Singer 220 H/O alt should be enough for my ZV4. Time to go blow the tax return.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:08 PM   #107
blisters

Yea I would call him. I remember that I sent him a message from his site first but never heard from him. He ended up telling me later that he was having issues with that and never received it.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #108
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
How's the build going? Any more progress yet?
Old 02-17-2014, 06:33 PM   #109
blisters

No nothing new, I'm a little burnt out honestly and just started a new job so I have been focusing on that. I really am dreading the next steps as well so that doesn't help.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:35 PM   #110
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No nothing new, I'm a little burnt out honestly and just started a new job so I have been focusing on that. I really am dreading the next steps as well so that doesn't help.
Sucks to hear your burnt out. If it helps you through the next step though, ALL of TW is counting on YOU!
Old 02-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #111
Mini Truckin'
Az lowtacoma is a jewel in the roughAz lowtacoma is a jewel in the roughAz lowtacoma is a jewel in the rough

Name: Seth
Az lowtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I feel ya man. I just reconed two SA 15s to 10s today for my ladies car. After my sub took a dump that bummed me out and I'm waiting for new equipment now too
Old 02-18-2014, 03:07 PM   #112
blisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
Sucks to hear your burnt out. If it helps you through the next step though, ALL of TW is counting on YOU!
Haha thanks. I better get back at it then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az lowtacoma View Post
I feel ya man. I just reconed two SA 15s to 10s today for my ladies car. After my sub took a dump that bummed me out and I'm waiting for new equipment now too
Damn that sucks. At least new stuff is one it's way.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #113
Quote:
Keep your chin up man! It gets overwhelming at times and we've all been there, plus you'll be kicking yourself down the line if you back out of such a badass project. Just take it easy, save some cash at the new job, have a beer and when you've got the funds and the time do it right. It'll all be worth it in the end when you've got one of the baddest tacos on the block.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:52 PM   #114
blisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikajo39 View Post
Keep your chin up man! It gets overwhelming at times and we've all been there, plus you'll be kicking yourself down the line if you back out of such a badass project. Just take it easy, save some cash at the new job, have a beer and when you've got the funds and the time do it right. It'll all be worth it in the end when you've got one of the baddest tacos on the block.
Haha thanks man. I just need to get all my tools moved to my buddies shop and start working on it again. Once I do that I will feel like getting back at it.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:25 PM   #115
DoccoM85 is on a distinguished road

Navy: HM2 (Corpsman) 2nd MARDIV and NH Naples
Name: Corey
DoccoM85's Tacoma Gallery
Holy crap. Tell me there is an update!
Old 03-16-2014, 09:14 AM   #116
blisters

Well I did get some work done. I had a buddy help me take off the bed so that I could bolt the box to the back of the cab. I put two bolts on the back and two through the floorboard up front. I also got some more resin on the baffle, ports, and rings. I'm going to glass more and add more bracing next. I am also going to try and start redoing the roof again. It still flexes too much so I am going to try something I've seen before.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #117
blisters

While I had the bed off I went ahead and ran the wires for the back up camera. I'll actually hook it up when I put my new deck in.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:56 AM   #118
DoccoM85 is on a distinguished road

Navy: HM2 (Corpsman) 2nd MARDIV and NH Naples
Name: Corey
DoccoM85's Tacoma Gallery
Wooooot!
Old 03-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #119
BLOODYMARY has a spectacular aura aboutBLOODYMARY has a spectacular aura aboutBLOODYMARY has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Keith
BLOODYMARY's Tacoma Gallery
Daaaaaaaaaaaaam!
Old 03-16-2014, 12:50 PM   #120
blisters

I'm going to try and get some progress down this week. It's slow progress but I'm getting somewhere.