Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

10 10's walled in an 07 access cab

Old 12-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
blisters
dubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dubbedSinner's Tacoma Gallery
10 10's walled in an 07 access cab

Alright so I have had a thread on here before with my audio build with 4 15's walled and before that I had 4 12's. Some of you have probably seen pictures of my truck on here before and here it is.

I got the truck from my grandparents bone stock about two and a half years ago and have done a lot to it since then. I have been working on this new system for a while now. My goal is to just have something that will give great demos and be very musical. Not looking to create something that is only for numbers here. Here is the equipment list.

-Alpine INA-W900BT(for now)
-2 Crescendo BC35000(have one, need to get the second)
-10 Skar VVX-10D4's
-2 XS Power D3100 batteries with toolmaker post
-Singer 350 amp GM alternator
-150ft JL ofc 1/0 wire
-240 sq ft Audio Technix 60mil deadner
-8 gauge ofc speaker wire, anl fuses and holders, techflex, terminals, etc.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
blisters
dubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

One of the amps that I have now

Old 12-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
blisters

Deadening the truck

Old 12-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
blisters

Old 12-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
blisters

I swapped out the slider back glass for a solid one

Then I started on the box. I didn't take too many pictures of everything. The entire base is fiberglass and the perimeter was mdf cut out to fit the curves of the floorboard. Then I built up the sides and back piece from that to create a shell. The first picture is the base with packing peanuts to figure air space. As the build goes on it should make more sense. The box will be two chambers though and each one will be around 7.5 cubic feet after displacement. Total air space is 21.7 cubic feet before displacement. The ports will be tuned to 33hz with 99 square inches of port area or 13.2 inches/cubic foot.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
blisters

I made the ports and got them in place. I also cut out all the rings and cut strips of ltp and wrapped it around the edges so the end result will be a flushed mount look. I also did some bracing from the sides and center piece with 1" dowels that I glued and screwed in place. I am going to figure out something else as far as the bracing from the front to back. I also spent a lot of time and got all the rings in position and then stretched formed everything with fleece and resined it. That brings everything up to speed. I don't have many pictures of the progress but I did take a few.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
blisters

Old 12-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #8
blisters

I made some progress on this. I glassed the inside of the baffle using 1/2" chopped strand fiberglass mat from uscomposites. I had almost 11lbs of the mat and went through half of it and about 2.5 gallons of resin. I started off this build with 5 gallons of the 435 resin from uscomposites and now I am out of resin. I might get another gallon or two just to add more to the baffle and go over all the corners again. Where it is right now it is solid though. I cannot get anything to flex at all. You can see in a few of the pictures that I added braces to the bottom two braces to make them more solid. Overall this box is rock solid. Better to be safe then sorry.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #9
blisters

I tried to get a few pictures from the inside so that you can see the fiberglass build up from the back.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #10
blisters

Where I left it off for the night. Next step is to clean up the edges then mount the subs and wire up the one amp I have off the stock electrical and test it out. I want to make sure that the box plays the way I want it to before I go to the trouble of making everything look good and adding the batteries, alt, and second amp.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
dude your nuts ! lol

sub'ed
Old 12-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #13
Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass
killianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shed

killianeric's Tacoma Gallery
Hearing is for losers...
Old 12-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #14
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
holy cow man!! I was satisfied with my 1 10' I don't think I could imagine how loud 10 of them would be.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #15
maytagworker is on a distinguished road
maytagworker's Tacoma Gallery
NICE!!!
Old 12-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #16
blisters

Thanks everyone. It has taken me a long time to get it to this point but I have been working hard on it lately and I'm really hoping to get this thing done as soon as I can.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #18
blisters

Thanks I like that it's going to be different then anything I have ever seen before. I've never seen anyone do a wall the wall that I am.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #19
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
looking forward to your progress
Old 12-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #20
blisters

Thanks