1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

X-Runner Subwoofer or Kicker Hideaway

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Trail Cat, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Dec 23, 2013 at 8:20 AM
    Trail Cat

Trail Cat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida to NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport 4x4
    Bull Bar - TRD Exhaust - Predator Side Steps - Alarm - Anytime On Fog Lights mod - OBD UltraGauge II - LED Dome & Map Lights - LED Aux BackUp Lights - LED DRL - Gate Keeper mod - TRD bed Cup Holder & Bottle Opener - Center Console Lock mod - WeatherTech Mats - Kicker Hideaway - Rear Door Speakers - Spare Tire Extension Valve mod - Tail gate 3rd Brake Light Bar - Proline Wheels - Rear Diff Breather mod (left rear tail light area) - "Florida Tacoma's" sticker - BFG A/T KO2 tires -
    I have a 2013 Access Cab; it came with the cheapest stock radio which I replaced for a Kenwood ddn70hd. I want to place a speaker in the rear between the two fold down jump seats for a surround type stereo and added bass sound.
    The Toyota X-Runner type Sub Woofer is made for this ($360)
    http://www.midatlantictoyotaparts.com/oem-part/toyota/tacoma-parts/2013/pre-runner/4-0l-v6-gas/body-hardware/sound-system/woofer/86150-04051?search_str=86150-04051

My 1st Question: Is the Toyota Subwoofer an all-in-one?
    Subwoofer, speaker and AMP in one box, don’t need anything else, just plug and play into my Kenwood.
    Does anyone know what the specs are on this subwoofer; make, watts ect?

My other option is the Kicker Hideaway Subwoofer ($300)
    http://www.kicker.com/hideaway

I am not looking for tick off your neighbor earthquake rattling bass. I just want an all-in-one speaker box in the rear for added stereo with at least some bass.

Which system would you go with?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  2. Jan 5, 2014 at 3:08 PM
    Trail Cat

Member:
    Florida to NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport 4x4
    Bull Bar - TRD Exhaust - Predator Side Steps - Alarm - Anytime On Fog Lights mod - OBD UltraGauge II - LED Dome & Map Lights - LED Aux BackUp Lights - LED DRL - Gate Keeper mod - TRD bed Cup Holder & Bottle Opener - Center Console Lock mod - WeatherTech Mats - Kicker Hideaway - Rear Door Speakers - Spare Tire Extension Valve mod - Tail gate 3rd Brake Light Bar - Proline Wheels - Rear Diff Breather mod (left rear tail light area) - "Florida Tacoma's" sticker - BFG A/T KO2 tires -
    Bump
    Thanks for looking at this post
    I decided to go with the Kicker Hideaway

3. Feb 15, 2014 at 5:00 AM
    Negative1

Negative1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    How do you like the HS8?
    Are you running factory speakers everywhere else?

Curious as I am about the make the plunge for the same HS8.

4. Feb 17, 2014 at 8:33 PM
    Trail Cat

Member:
    Florida to NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport 4x4
    I love the Kicker, it was installed under the passenger seat.
    It sounds good and has real good bass throbbing sound. I have the remote bass level set at about 50% to 60% and that's plenty good for me. I listen to Sirius Radio "Jam-On" It rocks in my cab but doesn't bother the neighbors.
    I did replace the stock door speakers with - Pioneer TS-D 1720C, Component w/Cross Over speakers.
    My 2013 access cab came with only the front door speakers. I plan on adding 2 more speakers in the rear access cab doors to give a more balance of stereo.
    If you what my opinion - Go For It .....

5. Feb 18, 2014 at 6:35 AM
    Negative1

Negative1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Awesome, glad to hear you like it.
    It seems like a good solution without breaking the bank and saving on valuable real estate inside the truck.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Products Discussed in

To Top