Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Both clocks jumped up 30 minutes overnight

Old 12-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
DecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DecaturTide's Tacoma Gallery
Both clocks jumped up 30 minutes overnight

Saturday, I installed a new Kenwood DPX300U head unit and got in my truck this morning and both the head unit clock and the standard truck clock had jumped up about 30 minutes. I thought I was going to be late to work until I checked my phone.

Anyone know why it would have done this?
Old 12-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
HackD is a jewel in the roughHackD is a jewel in the roughHackD is a jewel in the rough
HackD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecaturTide View Post
Saturday, I installed a new Kenwood DPX300U head unit and got in my truck this morning and both the head unit clock and the standard truck clock had jumped up about 30 minutes. I thought I was going to be late to work until I checked my phone.

Anyone know why it would have done this?
.. nothing would have done this, short of a time-travel jump. Sorry, but you ain't no Doctor Who

The stereo clock and the clock on the low dash are entirely independent of each other. My guess? You took a quick look at your watch/phone whatever - misread the time, set one clock, and then set the other clock by the other clock. Voila.. your error.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
Mayday
mmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Veteran
Name: Mike
mmadej87's Tacoma Gallery
My Mazda3 used to do this. Never figured out why, wasnt a charge issue cause it would do it while driving...almost made me miss the ferry a few times

I blamed FoMoCo and changed the radio out.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
Power was probably disconnected at some point at 1130. Then it reset to 1200. ???
Old 12-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #6
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Bad mojo sell the truck.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #7
New Tacoma 0wner!!!
TreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TreeFortRichard's Tacoma Gallery
hey, Mine did this EXACT thing today...
I disconnected the battery to reset a loose gas cap Check engine light...
I reconnected the batter and then set the clock on the truck and the radio...This was at 1 pm. I ran the truck for a few minutes to make sure everything was ok and then shut the truck off...

At 3pm I got in the truck, started it up and the truck radio and after market Kendwood head unit were both read 3:30...It definitely was ahead 30 minutes....Very bizarre!
Old 12-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #8
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Y2K
Old 12-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #9
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Aliens
Old 12-31-2013, 05:52 AM   #11
Mayday
mmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Veteran
Name: Mike
mmadej87's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-31-2013, 05:55 AM   #12
DecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DecaturTide's Tacoma Gallery
I'm guessing it might be a Kenwood thing after the negative cable is reattached to the battery. So far so good since then. Maybe all the planets aligned that evening.