1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Back up camera mod.. Help!!!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Albertataco89, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Jan 12, 2014 at 8:33 PM
    Albertataco89

Albertataco89 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09BlackLiftedSR5
    Arb winch bumper, M8000 warn winch, 6 inch BDS lift, mayhem wheels, kenwood all around
    Just recently hooked up my OEM back up camera to my kenwood DNX9990HD and when I put the truck into reverse the back up camera goes on, once I drive and go around the block when I put it back into reverse the scree is just black.. Almost like it's not getting the video feed? I have to turn off the truck and then it works again.. I'm completely stumped does anyone have any ideas on what I could do ??? Thanks for your help!!

2. Jan 13, 2014 at 8:21 AM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    Is there a back up camera setting on the radio. Mine was switched to off but I had to change it to battery.

3. Jan 13, 2014 at 9:20 AM
    Albertataco89

Albertataco89 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09BlackLiftedSR5
    Arb winch bumper, M8000 warn winch, 6 inch BDS lift, mayhem wheels, kenwood all around
    Yea there is a setting for the camera to automatically turn on once the truck gets the reverse signal and that is on so I'm not sure what is issue is, it's a kenwood dnx9990hd

Products Discussed in

To Top