1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Someone help!!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Albertataco89, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Jan 14, 2014 at 8:01 PM
    Albertataco89

Albertataco89 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09BlackLiftedSR5
    Arb winch bumper, M8000 warn winch, 6 inch BDS lift, mayhem wheels, kenwood all around
    Hi there, I bought a Kenwood DNX9990HD DVD navigation unit about 7 months ago brand new out of the box from audio design here in fort mcmurray Alberta canada, anyways I had them install it professionally but they were unable to connect the back up camera because of the way it was wired in my truck. I have wired my back up camera to the head unit now and the camera works and looks great, I have one issue.. The camera will only stay on for 30 seconds once out into reverse then just shuts off and te screen goes blank, if I unplug the RCA cable for the camera and plug it back in the picture comes back but only for 30 more seconds.. I tried taking it out of reverse and putting it in neutral and into first gear and then back to reverse but the picture doesn't come back. I have to turn off the truck and then try the camera and it works after that but for only 30 seconds.. If I remote start my truck and get in and put it in reverse there is no picture at all because the truck has been running for more that a minute or so unless I unplug the RCA cable and plug it back in.. I have read online that other people have had this issue and was wondering if you guys have a solution on what I can do, it would be much appreciated .. The head unit is installed in a 2009 Toyota tacoma and I am using the stock oem Toyota back up camera, thanks for your time!

2. Jan 14, 2014 at 8:05 PM
    snowgod06

snowgod06 UG legend wannabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    crap bolted and welded together....
    check the settings in the headunit. Make sure the option selected is like... Back up camera polarity REVERSE, not back up camera polarity GROUND. Try that, if not im out of ideas.

3. Jan 14, 2014 at 8:39 PM
    Albertataco89

Albertataco89 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09BlackLiftedSR5
    Arb winch bumper, M8000 warn winch, 6 inch BDS lift, mayhem wheels, kenwood all around
    There is only one setting and it's to change when the camera
    Turns on, either the setting is on and the camera turns one once it is put into reverse or it is off and the camera doesn't turn on unless you manually turn it on, even in the manual position after 30 seconds it is still just a black screen.. :s

Products Discussed in

To Top