1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 GENERATION RADIO FIX

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ZEROPILOT, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Jan 28, 2014 at 8:56 AM
    ZEROPILOT

ZEROPILOT [OP] Can't re-MEMBER

Member:
    First Name:
    ED
    SUNRISE,FLORIDA
    Vehicle:
    09 2.7 XTRA CAB 5 SPEED
    LARGER WHEELS. DIFFERENT STEREO. PUSH BAR. TAILGATE EXTENDER. WIPER MOD. TPMS LIGHT DELETE MOD.
    My trucks radio first went nuts on the test drive when new and then went to my dealer a total of eight times for repair or replacement. It would cut off. It would turn itself on. It would change stations. It would change sound levels. The eighth time, It would do nothing at all. I went in to the dealer and was told "Sorry." "Out of warranty." Even though there were records that it had NEVER been repaired satisfactorily since it was purchased new! Even though it was the fourth new vehicle that my wife and I had purchased from them in the past seven years! I fired off Emails and letters of complaint to anyone and everyone that I could think of. Eventually, I saw a brand new,O.E.M. 2005 stereo on Ebay. It had the correct plug and steering wheel control hook-up like my 2009. I bought it for like $110. I've been using it ever since. Looks like the earlier batch weren't garbage. I had been talking to someone at American Toyota. I sent her a copy of my receipt. She had already been given my case history. They cut me a check to cover the new radio. She told me that the dealer had "pushed" to help me to get paid. I told her that it was pure B.S. I have just purchased a new Scion. Different dealer. I sent the other dealers manager/owner a new Email with a copy of the deal. Screw them...Eight tries and I end up fixing it myself!!:mad:

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top