Notices

Back up camera to double din

Old 02-05-2014, 01:47 PM   #1
Onenonlyro is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Boatswain's Mate
Name: Ryan
Onenonlyro's Tacoma Gallery
Back up camera to double din

I just bought a Kenwood DDX470 and plan on installing it this weekend. Does anyone know of a way to connect the rear view back up camera to have it show up on the HU instead of the mirror?
Old 02-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #2
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
I know the shop who put my head unit in a 9680 asked me if I wanted to hook it up that way so it can be done. This might help http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...lots-pics.html

Cypher
Old 02-05-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
Onenonlyro is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Boatswain's Mate
Name: Ryan
Onenonlyro's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks alot that is a really good write up. Talked to one of my buddies that works for geek squad so i'm sure he should be able to help me out!
Old 02-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #4
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Here is what you need to hook your camera up. I hooked one up to my Pioneer 3500.

Bought it off eBay. From this buyer.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/ckremernimro...1&_ipg=&_from=

He can fabricate the harness to your equipment. It is almost plug and play. There was one wire I had to cut and tap into. Instructions where pretty straight forward.

The seller includes instructions just be sure to read them and make sure you got it down. His instructions have extra in them like how to install a new camera. It threw me a curve at first.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:20 PM   #5
TacomaDblCab is on a distinguished road
TacomaDblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onenonlyro View Post
I just bought a Kenwood DDX470 and plan on installing it this weekend. Does anyone know of a way to connect the rear view back up camera to have it show up on the HU instead of the mirror?
You'll love that stereo. I also have it. Did you get the camera hooked up?