Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Looking for a decent pair of Crimpers

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2014, 12:02 PM   #1
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a decent pair of Crimpers

just as title states.....
im looking for a decent pair of crimpers.....
just for automotive wiring and such
Old 02-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #2
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
This:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#wire-ferrule-crimpers/=qnfvbi

Part number 5722K12

I don't make bad electrical connections - and this tool is why.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:05 PM   #3
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
I use these, which I got from Radio Shack. http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...uctId=3932546#

Old 02-12-2014, 07:18 AM   #4
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hmm
Old 02-12-2014, 07:59 AM   #5
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
That radio shack tool is more of a stripper than a crimper.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:00 AM   #6
BIG DADDY

Truth ^^^
Old 02-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #7
Bellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
Bellis's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of crimping you lookin to do, some are for ferrules some for pins to make your own connectors some just crimp on basic fittings for grounding and such
Old 02-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty much all you will need, I would opt for the klein brand though

http://www.amazon.com/FarmTek-Sta-Ko.../dp/B00901O2LS
Old 02-12-2014, 10:21 AM   #9
Bellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
Bellis's Tacoma Gallery
^ what he said
Old 02-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #10
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
That radio shack tool is more of a stripper than a crimper.
Very true. I should have added a little more detail. The Radio Shack one's main function is stripping wires. They do allow you to do some crimping. But they're sufficient for the basic automotive things that I do.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:22 AM   #11
jstarks is on a distinguished road
jstarks's Tacoma Gallery
Heven't used or laid my hands on them yet but, on of these is next on my tool list.

Pertronix makes a crimper with interchangable crimp jaws.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Pertronix/751/...ductId=2846374

This one on amazon looks similar and you can get other jaws, besides the ones that come with the kit.
http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumati...sim_sbs_auto_1
Old 02-13-2014, 08:22 AM   #12
Tj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tj0hn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post

TRUTH!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #13
Racer X will become famous soon enough

Firefighter:
Racer X's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Xcelite crimpers, their very good. Look on Amazon, they carry them.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:34 AM   #14
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdog View Post
I use these, which I got from Radio Shack. http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...uctId=3932546#

Quote:

I ended up getting these two, one for stripping (that tool is really fast and convenient) and the other for correct, tight crimping on non-insulated connectors. But I also prefer to solder and use my own heatshrink rather than cheap insulated connectors. West Marine has some good shit for connectors.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:20 AM   #15
Can't re-MEMBER
ZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ED
ZEROPILOT's Tacoma Gallery
Snap-on has a small crimper with an excellent feel and good leverage. You can get into tight places with it, too. The crimps are very sturdy. (Its their # PWCS7)
Old 03-07-2014, 02:53 AM   #16
HAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
HAVOC's Tacoma Gallery
Thomas & Betts WT111M
http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Betts-W.../dp/B0018LD2PU

It's the only crimper I use.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:18 AM   #18
Conservative
Executive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Executive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAVOC View Post
Thomas & Betts WT111M
http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Betts-W.../dp/B0018LD2PU

It's the only crimper I use.
This.
The T & B WT111M is the top choice of electrical professionals and will be more than enough for automotive use.

Chris
Old 03-07-2014, 05:35 AM   #19
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

^ Simplest and easiest to use and they do a decent crimp.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:42 AM   #20
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
here you go... these, nuff said. I would have figured with your experience they would have already been in your toolbag, but i guess not.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

the newer style klein strippers are nowhere near as user friendly as the older style strippers and snips so you are actually better off looking into greenlee or ideal brands for those.

these are the style strippers that are awesome!! best strippers I have ever used/owned

http://www.amazon.com/Klein-11057-Kl...bxgy_hi_text_z

although those particular ones are just for very small wire, its quite dificult to find that style in a 6-12awg size though, their stupid thumb lock is redesigned and is a pain to release one handed and it seems they are not as well made as the other style either.

Products Discussed in this Thread