Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2012 JL Stealthbox installed

Old 02-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #1
love4steel is on a distinguished road
love4steel's Tacoma Gallery
2012 JL Stealthbox installed

just finished installing the new Jl Audio Stealthbox for 2012+ dbl cab. Wanted to report this thing hits hard and has deeep tight bass. Has the new t3 10" sub speaker. Im powering it with a xd500 amp which is also powering my C5 component speakers. cant recommend the sub enough.. no cutting, seat folds back up and it doesnt even hinder child seat usage. Totally invisible, but youll know its there when u turn it on!
Attached Thumbnails
2012 JL Stealthbox installed-image.jpg  
Old 02-16-2014, 10:52 AM   #2
A1Cfuji will become famous soon enough
Law Enforcement:
Name: Branden
A1Cfuji's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by love4steel View Post
just finished installing the new Jl Audio Stealthbox for 2012+ dbl cab. Wanted to report this thing hits hard and has deeep tight bass. Has the new t3 10" sub speaker. Im powering it with a xd500 amp which is also powering my C5 component speakers. cant recommend the sub enough.. no cutting, seat folds back up and it doesnt even hinder child seat usage. Totally invisible, but youll know its there when u turn it on!
That's the box I wanted. How much you paid for it? I seen it on websites and it cost $600 for the sub and box. I wasn't bout to pay that much for it.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:24 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Cfuji View Post
That's the box I wanted. How much you paid for it? I seen it on websites and it cost $600 for the sub and box. I wasn't bout to pay that much for it.
it costs a bit more than that if you buy from authorized dealer. Jl audio stuff is pretty pricey no doubt.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:12 PM   #4
AEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Director of Wing Inspections
Name: Chris
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! I am gathering everything I need to do a complete system install. I think tomorrow I'm going to install the Stinger Roadkill on the back of the cab and install the Stealthbox and just wait to hook it up until I get everything else. That way a chunk of the install is done at least...
Old 02-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #5
ZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
ZMan2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any better pictures, can't tell too much the fitment in that one. It may help others in deciding which box to go with.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #6
Dirty Pirate
RedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
RedNeck D's Tacoma Gallery
What head unit are you running
Old 02-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #7
i know i know picture is so weak.. much better ones coming soon. Ill take pictures of amp too. Im running kenwood 690hd head unit which is nice because you can adjust the subwoofer level right in the head unit (no knob accessory needed)
Old 02-16-2014, 03:18 PM   #8
Dirty Pirate
RedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedNeck D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
RedNeck D's Tacoma Gallery
Ah aftermarket. I have this same sub running off a LOC from the stock head unit. I think that is my problem.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:35 PM   #9
Oh forgot to mention .. If u go with this sub make sure to put some closed cell foam and/or sound deadening between the seat plastic and outside metal (behind the sub) or else u may experience some vibration rattling from the plastic and metal. This thing puts out some energy.. I can feel it in my teeth on certain tracks