Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Did I wire my new HU/XM tuner right?

Old 09-30-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
jzinckgra is on a distinguished road
jzinckgra's Tacoma Gallery
Did I wire my new HU/XM tuner right?

Hi. 1st post here. I have an 05 Taco and replaced the HU with a Pioneer 6900UB headunit and added the XM tuner box. I bought the wire harness and did all of the hookups and the HU works fine as does the XM tuner, but I am wondering if I should have spliced the 12V power line from the HU and XM tuner onto the 12V supply from the wireharness? So basically I used butt end wire crimps and spliced the 12V line from the wire harness to the HU 12 V yellow line. Then I realized I needed 12V power for the XM box and just tapped into the same 12V harness line again. Is this OK? Both the HU and tuuner box are fused seperately and I did the splicing before both fuses. Everything seems to work fine, but I I wasn't sure if this was the safest way. Should I have put the XM tuner 12V line into a fuse box instead?
Old 09-30-2007, 07:06 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
If you actually needed more power, your fuse would be blowing. You're in the clear...nice and easy.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, jzinckgra. Your wiring method sounds fine. Post some pictures in the gallery section so we can see the finished product.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:01 PM   #4
jzinckgra is on a distinguished road
jzinckgra's Tacoma Gallery
thanks. makes me feel a lot better.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #5
Jesse is on a distinguished road
Jesse's Tacoma Gallery
The way you wired it is fine. If you decide to add an amplifier, I suggest you ground your new head unit's chasis to a good metal ground close to the unit.