Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2014 Non JBL w/ navigation retrofit DIY w/ info & part numbers

Old 07-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #101
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
So the 20pin to 28pin harness is needed for steering wheel controls, bluetooth, and potentially the backup camera harness you had made?

Where are you guys getting the harness. Found it on amazon for about $35. Curious if that's the going price.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:47 PM   #102
steveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steveo
steveo27's Tacoma Gallery
All my harnesses came from Camelback Toyota's webpage
Old 07-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #103
ddziuk7 is on a distinguished road
ddziuk7's Tacoma Gallery
How did you get the XM radio to work? I have been looking for a conversion kit and have not found any luck. All the other connections I have.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:23 AM   #104
Red Demon is a glorious beacon of lightRed Demon is a glorious beacon of lightRed Demon is a glorious beacon of lightRed Demon is a glorious beacon of lightRed Demon is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Vinnie
Red Demon's Tacoma Gallery
I am in the same boat , everything else worked fine in my 07 just need the antenna connection that goes into the xm radio

By the way great work on this OP has been a great help
Old 07-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #106
ReidStylez will become famous soon enough
Name: Reid
ReidStylez's Tacoma Gallery
How much does one of these conversions cost?
Old 07-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #107
Stuligan is on a distinguished road

Stuligan's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at doing this to my 2005 tacoma but I am currently running my sirius radio through an aux adapter into the accessory port on the back of the radio, does anyone know if I will loose that functionality if I were to try this on my truck? The adapter is from GTA Car Kits and also allows me to control my Ipod through the steering wheel.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:51 AM   #108
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuligan View Post
I was looking at doing this to my 2005 tacoma but I am currently running my sirius radio through an aux adapter into the accessory port on the back of the radio, does anyone know if I will loose that functionality if I were to try this on my truck? The adapter is from GTA Car Kits and also allows me to control my Ipod through the steering wheel.
Easy way to see, check your model number for the 2005:
http://www.icarkits.com/cars/TOYOTA_TACOMA_2005

Then check if that same model is listed for 2014:
http://www.icarkits.com/cars/TOYOTA_TACOMA_2014
Old 07-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #109
toofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bruce
toofish2's Tacoma Gallery
Hi guys,

I did not read each thread but if anyone needs to the Radio # for the 2014 Nav HU it is 86804-04010 and it is made by Panasonic I believe…
Old 07-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #110
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

Navy: GSM
Name: JJ
FLtaco24's Tacoma Gallery
I swapped out the radio on my 09 and put in a 2013 one, even put the steering wheel controls. Everything works great expect the voice recognition. Any idea on what's going on?
Old 07-30-2014, 03:31 PM   #111
tarheeler is on a distinguished road

tarheeler's Tacoma Gallery
I'm on the list to get one from fltrucks, I have a 2006 prerunner. What do I need to hook up iPod so it will stay charged and controlled through radio. Part numbers and where to get would be great. I know I will need the antenna adapter from crutchfield. Thanks for any info
Old 07-31-2014, 05:39 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
Be careful when buying the ebay USB adapter... there are 2 versions for the side of the cord that plugs into the back of the head unit: male and female. You want male... I almost bought the wrong one!

The only male one I can find ships from China, is there any other place to get it. They take anywhere from 2-4 weeks
Old 08-01-2014, 06:20 AM   #113
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLtaco24 View Post
I swapped out the radio on my 09 and put in a 2013 one, even put the steering wheel controls. Everything works great expect the voice recognition. Any idea on what's going on?
Do you have the mic installed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheeler View Post
The only male one I can find ships from China, is there any other place to get it. They take anywhere from 2-4 weeks
Not sure what's out there for ebay right now
Old 08-02-2014, 11:50 PM   #114
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
Do you have the mic installed
Yeah.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #115

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLtaco24 View Post
I just re-read this - what's voice recognition? Are you talking about BlueTooth? Can you explain more on what steps you're doing with your radio and what mode it's in?

I thought about making a thread that shows the features of this 2014 nav unit, but I think it might be easier to find a pdf version of the 2014 Tacoma Manual and post a link to it online.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:15 PM   #116

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Edit, here's the 2014 Nav manual:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...av-manual.html

Think it's called "voice command" and you'll need that button they review on page 120 of the pdf
Old 08-04-2014, 10:23 PM   #117
Just a man and his truck

I forgot to post that it's not a nav unit
Old 08-04-2014, 10:45 PM   #118

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
That's manual has the non-Nav instructions as well. Think for Entune it's included in that PDF.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:28 AM   #119

On the am/fm antenna adapter the OP said he depinned the blue wire, what does that mean. Did he pull it out, just tape it up or what. Sorry I'm a little electronically confused
Old 08-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #120
Ragarm is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
Ragarm's Tacoma Gallery
Installation Help

thanks for putting this together. it is so helpful