Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2014 Non JBL w/ navigation retrofit DIY w/ info & part numbers

Old 08-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #121
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheeler View Post
On the am/fm antenna adapter the OP said he depinned the blue wire, what does that mean. Did he pull it out, just tape it up or what. Sorry I'm a little electronically confused
I just left mine and buried it behind the radio after plugging in the adapter. No need to touch it
Old 08-06-2014, 12:07 PM   #122
tarheeler is on a distinguished road

tarheeler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
I just left mine and buried it behind the radio after plugging in the adapter. No need to touch it
Thank you, that's what I was thinking. Just received invoice from fltrucks to get one from him. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row before it gets here
Old 08-06-2014, 01:34 PM   #123
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
He should include the head unit; the satellite GPS antenna, and the radio surround.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:40 PM   #124

Do you have to pay a subscription fee or have a special type of phone for the entune apps to work. The only one I really want is Pandora
Old 08-06-2014, 11:44 PM   #125

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Just have to create an Entune account for a 2014 Tacoma. They'll need a valid VIN as well.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:07 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
Just have to create an Entune account for a 2014 Tacoma. They'll need a valid VIN as well.
But don't you have to have some type of Internet connection
Old 08-07-2014, 06:32 AM   #127

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
No, the data update for your Nav, weather and other apps comes from HD signal I believe. If you're pairing your phone to use something like Pandora, you have to bring up the Entune app on your phone then use the head unit to control Pandora. In that case, the head unit is just acting as a pass-through for the data coming in from your phone's signal.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #128

Got my radio today and the nav antenna is mounted to what I guess is a bracket. It doesn't look that way in the picture op posted. Is this supposed to be mounted somewhere, I know several have said they just tucked it behind the radio
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Non JBL w/ navigation retrofit DIY w/ info & part numbers-image.jpg  
Old 08-13-2014, 12:45 PM   #129

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't seen a bracket for mounting but who knows, that could be the actual way to mount it!

Personally I have not mounted my GPS antenna to anything, I've tucked behind the radio and upwards.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:05 PM   #130

Would you take it off the bracket, looks to me like it wll rattle more on that metal bracket
Old 08-13-2014, 04:51 PM   #131

Another stupid question, does it matter which side of nav antenna is facing up, the number 125 or the other side with the round silver thing
Old 08-13-2014, 11:39 PM   #132

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Shouldn't matter which side is up. I don't remember what side is up or down on mine
Old 08-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #133

Put this in my 2006 Tacoma, I had the plain Jane radio in it, the antenna needed the adapter, the plugs for the front speaker and back speakers, power, ground all fit in back of the new radio but the plug that I was told is for the steering wheel control does not fit anywhere. I don't have steering wheel control so don't know what it's for. Everything seems to work but the map does not move. It finds my position but never moves. I read where several people have said they had this problem but it healed itself after driving a while, we'll see. But, the plug that won't fit, is that supposed to go in that 20/28 pin adapter. Also the side buttons are not backlit, saw others with same problem but no answers.
http://youtu.be/RwbuB1fVj8s
This is a good video on removing old stereo, at end it shows the steering wheel control plug I'm talking about
Old 08-15-2014, 07:04 PM   #134
Tacoma4AU is on a distinguished road
Name: Chase
Tacoma4AU's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone had problem with the Weather app not working after you install it? Installed a 2104 in my 06 everything works other than the traffic and the weather apps. Any thoughts?
Old 08-15-2014, 07:24 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma4AU View Post
Has anyone had problem with the Weather app not working after you install it? Installed a 2104 in my 06 everything works other than the traffic and the weather apps. Any thoughts?
Did you have the same radio in the video pic above your post. If so did all your plugs fit in back of new radio except am/fm antenna. If you look at short video it shows the plug that won't fit in mine, it's the one he says is for steering wheel controls, but I don't have them on my wheel
Old 08-15-2014, 08:03 PM   #136
Tacoma4AU is on a distinguished road
Name: Chase
Tacoma4AU's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did you have the same radio in the video pic above your post. If so did all your plugs fit in back of new radio except am/fm antenna. If you look at short video it shows the plug that won't fit in mine, it's the one he says is for steering wheel controls, but I don't have them on my wheel
Yes I did, everything plugged in fine with the 28 pin harness and antenna adaptor. I am going to remove the plate from my HD wire tomorrow and see it that fixes it.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:11 PM   #138

Where do y'all mount the Bluetooth mic and how
Old 08-16-2014, 07:05 PM   #139
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Where do y'all mount the Bluetooth mic and how
If you get the iq one it comes with double sided tape and mines up stuck right next to the temp/sun glass holder.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:43 PM   #140
Armcphail is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
Armcphail's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to purchase the 24 pin back up camera plug, could you tell me where you go it?