1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Navigation help

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RyanBelliston, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Mar 11, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    RyanBelliston

RyanBelliston [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Diamond Bar
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner
    Retrofit OEMs w/ 5000K bulbs HID 4300 Fogs Fog Light Mod LED Gauge Swap (Blue/Green/White needles) -Jerez 10'' Kenwood Subwoofer 1500W Planet Audio Amp Debadged Tinted Windows Mudflap delete AFE ProDry S intake Engage front LT 8inch Kings with 2x2 King bump stops. Strapped at 16 inches Engage 4-Link rear 16inch King coil overs strapped at 22 inches Custom Engage bumpers LED reverse lights LED license plate lights LED dome and map lights Flyzeye-Design (blue/white)
    I have got the Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS touch screen head unit. I don't have navigation on it yet but i want it now. It says on the box navigation ready, but I, not sure what I need to do?? I think someone told me a while ago it's as simple as plugging something in behind the unit.

Can anyone help me out ?

Thanks TW

2. Mar 11, 2014 at 5:28 PM
    AEmedic

AEmedic Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Boise, ID
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB 4X4 TRD Sport Supercharged
    TRD Supercharger, Toytec Adj. Coil-Overs, Bilstein 5100's, JL Audio system w/Kenwood DNX9980HD HU
    According to Crutchfield you can use apps on your phone for navigation, probably requires the specific cable to connect your phone to have that functionality...

3. Mar 13, 2014 at 10:54 AM
    GlennTaco

GlennTaco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Glenn
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    13' SR5
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X55...sp=pioneer+avh+x5500&tp=20217#accessories-tab

right here is the headunit you have. on the bottom is the cables you will need. ipod adapters. with these headunits, i believe, you can only use the app mode you want to use with the iphone. you can use the 4 and 4s with these cords. and buy a special adapter for the 5 and up. but if you have an android the appmode will not be usable. i think. i have the 4500BT and it doesnt work with androids and i dont think 5500BHS is either. so depending on what you have you will be able to do that. the more expensive alternative is down under add on gps. it is more expense but have heard it is easy to hook up and works extremely well.
    good luck. hope i helped

Products Discussed in

To Top