Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Looking to upgrade w/ Speakers/amp; keep stock system?

Old 03-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
Armyballer will become famous soon enoughArmyballer will become famous soon enough

Army: Active duty Major
Armyballer's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to upgrade w/ Speakers/amp; keep stock system?

I've got an 05 DC TRD with 6CD changer stock non-jbl system. I'm looking to improve the sound/more volume I have now but I'm in no way looking to put rock-concert/carshow sound in my truck. Right now I think I'll just replace the speakers and install an amp for better sound quality. Maybe later down the line install a sub. My main question is wither I should replace the stock cd/radio? I'm happy with what it does now. Can I get by with it? I'm only looking to spend maybe $400 on this upgrade (speakers/amp), is that realistic?
Old 03-30-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
general consenses is to change the stereo first, than speakers

personally, i would do both. stock equipment is junk
Old 03-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81shark View Post
general consenses is to change the stereo first, than speakers

personally, i would do both.
If I had the money to change only one or the other I think I would change the HU first. Changing the speakers will help but I think changing the stereo will have the largest impact.

Good luck
Old 03-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Start with some COMPONENT speakers. more money but entirely worth it. Safe some cash by making your own baffles out of MDF wood. Amplify the speakers and you should be good.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.
atsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really nice
atsaubrey's Tacoma Gallery
If your going to keep the stock cd player, invest in a quality LOC (line out put converter) that eliminates the factory EQ and bass limiting. These are not the most inexpensive items out there and most (including me) people recommend replacing the factory deck first. I recommend the JL Audio Clean Sweep, MTX ReQ, Rockford Fosgate 360.1 or .2, or the Audio Control...forgot the model on that one.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:38 PM   #6
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
The Epic and Epicenter from Audiocontrol are the ones that work similar to the Clean Sweep.