Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

question to pioneer with touchscreen/app radio owners

Old 04-06-2014, 10:25 AM   #1
doughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
doughboy's Tacoma Gallery
question to pioneer with touchscreen/app radio owners

I always enter the gps info on waze app before I start the truck.
Then whenever I start the truck, I have to enter everything again @#!

I find that annoying and I really did not want the truck to idle for a minute or two while I go through the ok, ignore, ok, ok, tap allow on iphone etc which seems to go on forever. Not to mention, from time to time, the radio and iphone will get all confused and I end up with a locked or black screen and I have to turn off the engine and start again to reset the radio.

is there a way/setting so the radio does not reset and engine is started?
I mean, the iphone stays where it was when the power on the sync cable is restarted, so why can't the radio stay the same?

Also, anyone notice the sound quality for ipod or pandora goes way down when you are using app radio, say waze? Is there a setting to prevent this? I always just end up switching out of app radio mode and back to ipod or pandora just to get the better sound quality and just listen for gps voice prompts.

I have the x5600bhs model.