Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

The perfect 8 inch subs

Old 04-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
manethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant future
manethon's Tacoma Gallery
The perfect 8 inch subs

Going to be installing a couple of these in a buddies truck.
TR8D4
2x 40 oz magnet
high temperate 2" round wire coil
400w rms

Fs: 46.764hz
qms: 3.514
qes: 0.508
qts: 0.444
SPL: 85dB
VAS:0.32 cub ft
Xmax: 15mm

Comment, would this be something you guys on TW would be interested in for a group buy ? matching amps, mids or subs ? these little beasts would work great for tacomas or any vehicles for that matter.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:23 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the mounting depth?
Old 04-10-2014, 09:40 PM   #3
manethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant future
4.8 inches mounting depth
2 of these on a 1200w rms would be a really nice set up I'm a Tacoma
Old 04-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
Hafa Adai!
tagaman670 is a splendid one to beholdtagaman670 is a splendid one to beholdtagaman670 is a splendid one to beholdtagaman670 is a splendid one to beholdtagaman670 is a splendid one to beholdtagaman670 is a splendid one to beholdtagaman670 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: C-Tech
Name: joey
tagaman670's Tacoma Gallery
i am interested in a group buy
Old 04-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Would have to hear them, but I like the idea of 8", should provide tightbass with a decent amplifier and the right box. These made for a sealed box or ported?
Old 04-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #6
A member here is going to have his 12s running shortly and can most likely if asked provide a review. These do well in all box applications, sealed, ported and 4th order

I have bugging the owner to put together a package for tw
Subs /amps/mids. If there is enough interest I can definitely help make it happen.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:08 AM   #7
tony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tony2018's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you plan to mount these 8's? They look like they can do some damage.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:03 AM   #8
Behind the seats flush mounted.
Debating amp location

They will ship out most likely on the sound deadener group buy,
Old 04-12-2014, 09:05 AM   #9
ZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
ZMan2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by manethon View Post
A member here is going to have his 12s running shortly and can most likely if asked provide a review. These do well in all box applications, sealed, ported and 4th order

I have bugging the owner to put together a package for tw
Subs /amps/mids. If there is enough interest I can definitely help make it happen.
Those 8's do look pretty good, but I'm more of an SPL guy, hence the 12"s. I should have them all installed today, and I'll give my impressions on them in my build thread later today.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #10
At there you are : hey, just remember to let them break in:
Old 04-12-2014, 09:20 AM   #11
ZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ZMan2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah, I'll let them break in. I'll keep the gains and bass boost down for a few weeks, to let them break in, but after that, all bets are off.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:02 PM   #12

ZMan2k2's Tacoma Gallery
No 8's for me. Those 2 12's you got me ROCK!! I love the sound. They sound good cranking out Beastie Boys or Led Zeppelin. I'm sure the 8's are good too, but for me and the bass head in me, the 12's are the way to go.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #13
I think it's video time !!!
Old 04-13-2014, 06:32 PM   #14

ZMan2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Here's your vid Juan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3OhxGO8MTg
Old 04-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #15
Nice vid, keep it clean, play it loud and jam away!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:33 PM   #16
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
is there a way to get 4 of these sealed behind the back seat? I know 3 10's would be more cone area, but wiring options for 3 10's isnt exactly ideal for me (.67 or 1.33) a SAZ1500d would do these right w/ decent electrical, still staying under thermal limits of the woofers
Old 04-16-2014, 09:35 PM   #17
once the group buy for the Costa sunglasses and shok deadener is closed ill maybe move on to these little beasts.

Ill host group buy with a package price with options
1-2 subs
8 or 12 inch
1500wrms amp
4 channel amp
6.5 component set
additions will be able to be made

all out of the SQL line up.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:37 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTQCummins View Post
is there a way to get 4 of these sealed behind the back seat? I know 3 10's would be more cone area, but wiring options for 3 10's isnt exactly ideal for me (.67 or 1.33) a SAZ1500d would do these right w/ decent electrical, still staying under thermal limits of the woofers
4 of these 8s will laugh at an amp of that size
all shock subs are under rated for thermal power handling. As long as the power is clean they can easily take 2x. My shok triton 12s will be getting 900w each and ill have 8 of them