LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Quick question - Pioneer Harness + Metra Harness

Old 04-15-2014, 12:35 AM   #1
tam is a jewel in the roughtam is a jewel in the roughtam is a jewel in the roughtam is a jewel in the rough

Name: tam
tam's Tacoma Gallery
Quick question - Pioneer Harness + Metra Harness

Do I connect Pioneer blue/white stripe to Metra blue?

Metra package lists blue as Power Antenna.

Pioneer manual says blue/white is Connect to system control terminal of the power amp or auto-antenna relay control terminal, but there's a label on the wire that says System Remote Control.

There's also a orange/black stripe wire but I've read elsewhere on the forum to leave it alone.

H/U is a Pioneer DEH-80PRS. Thanks!
Old 04-15-2014, 12:44 AM   #2
except for God, I answer to no one
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Match the names, not the colors.
I made the mistake of connecting the orange/black when i did the install of a HU on my cousins 04 pre runner, blew the dimmer switch/control in the panel.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:55 AM   #3
tam is a jewel in the roughtam is a jewel in the roughtam is a jewel in the roughtam is a jewel in the rough

tam's Tacoma Gallery
Well, blue and blue/white are the only ones that mention antenna so I guess they pair up. I'll double check the other connections.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:18 AM   #4
ZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
ZMan2k2's Tacoma Gallery
On the 80PRS the blue/white is the remote turn on lead for amps. You don't connect that to the Metra harness. You connect it to a lead that goes to your amps to turn them on when the deck turns on. The Blue wire is power antenna, and since we don't have one of those, just tape it off, and leave it disconnected.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:08 PM   #5

tam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan2k2 View Post
On the 80PRS the blue/white is the remote turn on lead for amps. You don't connect that to the Metra harness. You connect it to a lead that goes to your amps to turn them on when the deck turns on. The Blue wire is power antenna, and since we don't have one of those, just tape it off, and leave it disconnected.
OK, so leave the blue, blue/white, and orange/black disconnected. Gotcha.