1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 RC audio upgrade

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by usngoat, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Apr 19, 2014 at 1:25 PM
    usngoat

usngoat [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Amos
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 RC
    Hey all I have a 2013 RC with touch screen radio that I would like to keep cause it is so easy to use. Can I keep this head unit and increase power with a amp to get louder better quality from door speakers? What new door speakers are recommended? I would also like a 8" sub because it is easy to keep behind the seat and in reg cab probably enough bass. What sub and amp is recommended? Anything else I need to be aware of? Thanks

2. Apr 23, 2014 at 9:07 AM
    AaronK13

AaronK13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Off-Road
    If you keep the stock HU, you will need a Line Out Converter to run an external amp. You could technically keep your stock speakers, but I do not recommend it. You will most likely damage them by sending higher power and sound quality will not increase much just by adding an amp. You are going to get a lot of opinions on which is best, but the best determining factor is $$$. Don't spend more than you are comfortable with. There are quality $100 subs and some that are $500, it just depends on what you want. Same with amps, find a good 4 channel that will have enough power to run front speakers and sub. Or 5 channel amp if you have front and rear speakers, I'm not sure on the RC, since i have a DC.

3. Apr 23, 2014 at 12:25 PM
    2013TacoLTD

2013TacoLTD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Mckinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma Limited V6 4X2
    Radio On Mod, Complete new stereo with 10" subs, Truxedo bed cover, GT-MAT through doors and rear cab.
    I started trying to upgrade the speakers and not the HU, but in the end, I upgraded everything. Keeping the HU is like adding big tires and a lift kit on your 4 cyl truck - it works, but is being held back in a big way (no offence to 4 cyl owners).

Products Discussed in

To Top