Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Which DSP for 2014 Entune

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #21
skootx is on a distinguished road

skootx's Tacoma Gallery
These are the LOCs. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EAWS3W/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but an adjustable LOC is basically a variable resistor, right? Right now the LOCs are set to max signal. Perhaps dialing those back will help?
Old 07-29-2014, 07:25 PM   #22
shaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shane
shaneckc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skootx View Post
These are the LOCs. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EAWS3W/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but an adjustable LOC is basically a variable resistor, right? Right now the LOCs are set to max signal. Perhaps dialing those back will help?
I'm not 100% sure on that. But messing with the gains on that might yield results... it's worth a shot. Also, with that LOC, you can try grounding or ungrounding those brown wires. Both or one at a time, just try experimenting and see if that helps. PAC also has a great technical support department. If you give them a call, they might have some suggestions for you to try, as well (Clifford is a very helpful technician over there).
Old 07-30-2014, 04:00 AM   #23
deadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
deadbird8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbird8 View Post
I just replaced the AC LCQ-1 with an Audison Bit Ten- absolutely no comparison.
My hiss is gone. I am using the factory volume controls and didn't connect any of the phone connections to the Bit Ten. Overall the system sounds excellent to me. The audio shop where I bought the Audison was impressed with the overall sound, especially compared to when I had the LCQ-1 'noise generator' in the path.

I am not sure you will benefit from impedance matching the factory speakers. The shop I was dealing with speculated the hiss is in the noise floor of the signal and since the factory head unit has such a small gain, the noise is masked in the stock system. Its only when you start amplifying the signal that it shows itself and you need something to clean up the signal. The Audison passive LOCs we swapped out when troubleshooting the LCQ-1 filtered out a large amount of the hiss, so I went with the Bit Ten and haven't looked back.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:12 AM   #24
skootx is on a distinguished road

skootx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneckc View Post
I'm not 100% sure on that. But messing with the gains on that might yield results... it's worth a shot. Also, with that LOC, you can try grounding or ungrounding those brown wires. Both or one at a time, just try experimenting and see if that helps. PAC also has a great technical support department. If you give them a call, they might have some suggestions for you to try, as well (Clifford is a very helpful technician over there).
I tried the LOC grounding wires, no effect either way. It's definitely coming directly from the head unit. I disconnected one of the LOCs last night and ran the head unit speaker level out directly to a speaker and the same hiss is there.

I'll save up my pennies and try the bitten.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:25 PM   #25
shaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shane
shaneckc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skootx View Post
I tried the LOC grounding wires, no effect either way. It's definitely coming directly from the head unit. I disconnected one of the LOCs last night and ran the head unit speaker level out directly to a speaker and the same hiss is there.

I'll save up my pennies and try the bitten.
Good choice! I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

Products Discussed in this Thread