1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'12 Xcab sub location

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by stak310, May 4, 2014.

1. May 4, 2014 at 10:24 PM
    stak310

stak310 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    base model beauty
    after market sound system
    I currently have my Infinity Basslink sub/amp combo box mounted right behind the driver seat on the deck. I really want to relocate it to the hard plastic bulkhead in between the rear seats. Like this

[​IMG]

I found this photo in a thread on here but the thread was 3 years old and the user that mounted it like this hasnt logged on for the same amount of time.

My question is, should I consider taking that rear paneling off and filling the space behind the plastic panel with dynamat?

I feel like thats an obvious "YES" but I think my underlying curiosity is how difficult is that paneling going to be to remove, and get back on. Should I go through all the hassle?

2. May 5, 2014 at 4:08 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    I wouldn't deal with that. I'd just build a nice box for the center between the seats, make some nice brackets to bolt it down and be done with it. Plus wood of plastic any day.

3. May 6, 2014 at 6:34 AM
    stak310

stak310 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    base model beauty
    after market sound system
    You missed that the Basslink is an all in one sub/amp combo housed in a hard plastic box. I think putting a box in a box is kinda redundant. And idea of placing it on the horizontal face inbetween the two seats has already been thought over and tossed out.

4. May 6, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    ZMan2k2

ZMan2k2 “Hold my beer and watch this!”

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    ‘Berta
    Vehicle:
    06 Rad Red DCLB SR5
    I think he meant to ditch the Basslink, and get a sub and amp separately. But if you're going to use the Basslink, then yes, deaden behind the panel in the truck. It'll buzz and rattle on bass hits, and drive you crazy. I don't know about removing it, because I have a DC, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Products Discussed in

To Top