1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

metra dash kit fit problem

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by devanb3, May 13, 2014.

1. May 13, 2014 at 8:59 AM
    devanb3

devanb3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    devan
    hampstead
    i have the metra dash kit for the 2012-present tacoma...i have a kenwood ddx-419 and axxess aswc-1 now my problem is with all the wires and the aswc interface box behind this radio it makes for a tight fit and i cannot figure out which holes to screw into to get the radio to fit properly in the opening and get the kit to clip into the brackets...i had everything in and properly connected before i installed the aswc a week ago.. so if anyone has had this problem or has the kit with a double din installed which holes on the mounting bracket are you using. any help would be great

2. May 13, 2014 at 11:24 AM
    2013TacoLTD

2013TacoLTD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Mckinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma Limited V6 4X2
    Radio On Mod, Complete new stereo with 10" subs, Truxedo bed cover, GT-MAT through doors and rear cab.
    Mine was pushed out too at first. I had to go back and tuck every possible thing behind the deck to the side. Sirius adapter, steering wheel controls, EVERYTHING. I would guess the deck is 6 inches deep and the clearance is 6.25 inches.

3. May 13, 2014 at 11:30 AM
    devanb3

devanb3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    devan
    hampstead
    ya so how did you get it all to the sides it seems to be too small for that.. im thinking about cutting the plastic behind the radio to allow the wires to fall back but not sure how smart thaat is

4. May 13, 2014 at 12:47 PM
    ZMan2k2

ZMan2k2 “Hold my beer and watch this!”

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    ‘Berta
    Vehicle:
    06 Rad Red DCLB SR5
    If you feel up inside the dash, there are pockets on either side, above where the radio resides. I had my Alpine Power Pack tucked up there, might be different in your truck, but my '06 has them.

5. May 13, 2014 at 1:26 PM
    2013TacoLTD

2013TacoLTD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Mckinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma Limited V6 4X2
    Radio On Mod, Complete new stereo with 10" subs, Truxedo bed cover, GT-MAT through doors and rear cab.
    I od not think you should cut anything. WHat I could see was plastic covering lots of wires and I think part of the ventilation duct work. Do not want to mess with those. Feel around and you will find the pockets like Zman said.

6. May 13, 2014 at 3:14 PM
    AEmedic

AEmedic Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Boise, ID
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB 4X4 TRD Sport Supercharged
    TRD Supercharger, Toytec Adj. Coil-Overs, Bilstein 5100's, JL Audio system w/Kenwood DNX9980HD HU
    Mine was a real struggle to find the right holes and get the wires tucked into every opening around the HU in order to get it to fit well. It took allot of trial and error to find the right combination to make it livable. I'm still not 100% satisfied, there just isn't enough room to make it easy, that's for sure.

Products Discussed in

To Top