1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JBL system and upgraded speakers

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by EGtaco, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Apr 6, 2009 at 5:39 PM
    EGtaco

EGtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma
    SO I just got a box and baffles from marv and have 2 pairs of 6 1/2 polk speakers coming from crutchfield. I thought the JBL system came with an amp installed under the drivers seat or someplace for the front door speakers. Can I use that amp to run the new door speakers or is it only good for JBL package....It is in a 2009 double cab.

My plan was to run a small amp to power the front door speakers (and tweater) and run the rear door speakers from the HU (kenwood 8120)

One shop guy told me that the JBL system is sort of all or nothing. meaning that if you replace anything you have to replace everything. I thought it was his "sales pitch" but I know some audio systems do work like that.

2. Apr 6, 2009 at 6:45 PM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.
    as long as the speakers are the same ohm as the stock JBL...the amp won't know any different.

3. Apr 6, 2009 at 6:47 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    the amp should be behind the passenger rear seat in the double cab, that is unless they moved it from '08 to '09. The amp is on the same mount as the sub.

[​IMG]

as far as I know this is the only amp, but hey, I've been wrong plenty of times :)

Products Discussed in

To Top