1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

speaker wires in rear doors of '14 access cab?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by mainerinexile, May 23, 2014.

1. May 23, 2014 at 3:30 PM
    mainerinexile

mainerinexile [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    central Maine
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 Access cab I4 4x4 5 spd
    The 2014 access cabs don't have speakers in the rear doors anymore. They moved those speakers to the roof liner over the front seats. But does anyone know if there are wires in the doors so that I can add speakers to the rear doors? Thanks!

2. May 23, 2014 at 4:38 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Don't think there are wires in the doors anymore after the speaker relocate.

3. May 23, 2014 at 5:35 PM
    shaneckc

shaneckc Fyntünd Designs Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR Package DCLB 4x4
    I wouldn't waste any time or money on that if I were you. Rear speakers in an access cab are kinda pointless, if you ask me. I built my stereo with no holds barred on anything and still didn't opt for rear fill.

4. May 24, 2014 at 5:33 AM
    BRIANRHELLER

BRIANRHELLER New Member

Member:
    Bluffton SC
    Vehicle:
    22 SR Taco Magnetic
    Wheels from Pro and Fogs.
    I actually found them in the driver's side pillar on my '13 Access cab. I did a lot of home work and this was convenient and you can put them back easily. The colors are light purples and I just put my fader on rears only and when I cut one wire the speaker stopped working. Then I crimped male and female connectors on the original wiring and males on the new rear speaker wires. You can do this. You can find a complete truck wiring schematic on line and download the PDF. It's a good idea for anyone to have this anyway. You can track from the headliner speakers back to the pillar easy. All this being said, I kinda agree with the previous posting. Back fill gives minimum benefits but there is some. I put a pretty good alpine unit in with the 45 watt amp and it sounds great with the stock speakers but new one's are coming. If budget is an issue then spend $ on the front. I hooked up my bose 301's out of the house to check them out and the rears aren't the answer. There are cut outs in the metal under the skins in the back though. I'm undecided on rears at all right now.Might not be worth cutting interior door skins.

Products Discussed in

To Top