1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Speaker install help/questions for infinity speakers

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Kob0583, May 30, 2014.

1. May 30, 2014 at 8:01 PM
    Kob0583

Kob0583 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    Tx pro cai
    Cai, HC removed, car toys iPod adapter
    Looking to upgrade my stereo system, anyone have problems putting in infinity components in the front and infinity reference in the rear of a double cab. I know I need the adapters for the speakers, the 6.5 size does not list as correct for the rear off Amazon and crutch field doesn't list the infinity's as an option for the rear. Is there a depth issue I'm not aware of? Has anyone out there run a set up like this? I don't want to order the speakers get the doors apart and not be able to put them in. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Jun 2, 2014 at 12:17 PM
    2013TacoLTD

2013TacoLTD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Mckinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma Limited V6 4X2
    Radio On Mod, Complete new stereo with 10" subs, Truxedo bed cover, GT-MAT through doors and rear cab.
    Check out the link in my signature. The component tweeters were way too harsh on the ears. I lowered the treble, but had to make it sound muffled to be able to stand it (and if you are asking, yes I had the crossover at the lowest setting). I would not buy again.

3. Jun 2, 2014 at 12:21 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    I never would buy Infiniti speakers again. The tweeters are a problem. Tinny, harsh, not crisp at all.

4. Jun 3, 2014 at 8:21 AM
    Kob0583

Kob0583 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    Tx pro cai
    Cai, HC removed, car toys iPod adapter
    Thanks for the info guys, any suggestions on speakers? Looking for good sound quality over being loud, I will be running 75 RMS and I don't plan on running a sub as of right now, but would consider it if I can't get the lows to my liking. The funny thing is I use to sell and install back in the day but haven't been around or played with any aftermarket gear sense around 2001 so my knowledge base is a little on the dated side.

5. Jun 11, 2014 at 2:39 PM
    AaronK13

AaronK13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Off-Road
    Check out my install. I really like the infinity speakers.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/au...ble-cab-audio-install.html?highlight=infinity

I actually made my own speaker rings. Very easy with a jigsaw, since my router bit would not cut the MDF. However, i did run in to a problem with the tweeter ring. I brought the tweeter too far forward and it would hit the door. I ended up using one of the different mount brackets that came with the speakers and just drilled it in to the metal of the door. But for the rings, there was another member that scaned in some templates. They worked great! But FYI, mark your own holes for the screws....template was off a little. Post #11 is the link. I included the rest for referrence on other ideas.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/326355-speaker-rings.html

Products Discussed in

To Top